Author Topic: LS421DE firmware 1.83-1.80 crash NAS everyday under/without load. 1.34 stable.  (Read 24066 times)

MiG174

• Tatanka
Falling NAS, dont install firmware 1.81

wafer

• Calf
All,

I first encountered this problem back in July 2015. Then I reverted back to v1.34. The NAS has been running okay. However, my 2TB usb harddisk is still not recognized by the GUI. V1.81 has addressed the harddisk recogniztion issue, but the system crashes every few hours...!

wafer

MiG174

• Tatanka
All,

I first encountered this problem back in July 2015. Then I reverted back to v1.34. The NAS has been running okay. However, my 2TB usb harddisk is still not recognized by the GUI. V1.81 has addressed the harddisk recogniztion issue, but the system crashes every few hours...!

wafer

It is useless to write.
Please contact technical support in your region with a detailed description of the problem. The more hits, the more quickly they will release bug fixes.

http://www.buffalotech.com/select-your-region
http://www.buffalo-technology.com/en/support/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:53:06 AM by MiG174 »

Doctor_G

• Calf
any updates to these issues?

MiG174

• Tatanka
This happens to me all the time, though it seems to stop responding over the course of a week or two. Any updates with newer firmware? I'm still using 1.31-0.92 firmware because I've read bad things about 1.81.
update to 1.34-095

Juhi

• Calf
This happens to me all the time, though it seems to stop responding over the course of a week or two. Any updates with newer firmware? I'm still using 1.31-0.92 firmware because I've read bad things about 1.81.
update to 1.34-095

Where we found (and download) that 1.34-095 filmware ? Do someone had direct link ?

MiG174

• Tatanka
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:18:23 AM by MiG174 »

thejahn

• Calf
I have experienced the constant network loss of the NAS from a reset occurring only after the upgrade to 1.8x firmware. I would like to downgrade but there are some features in the 1.81 firmware I desire which were fixed. My drives are not failing and are four TB Reds designed for 24/7 functionality. f there is a log to find, I would submit it. I wish buffalo would stop telling their customers they are lying and I pray they can figure out how to replicate the issue 'in their lab'. Maybe they should try multiple heavy transfers with two four TB drives and fill the system to little over 3 TB of data. Push the system a little like the users are. It would be nice to hear from the lab as to what tests were implemented to determine how they stress the system.

MiG174

• Tatanka
I have experienced the constant network loss of the NAS from a reset occurring only after the upgrade to 1.8x firmware.

They updated U-Boot in firmware 1.80 and, I think, did not fix the core.

Old version U-boot U-Boot 2009.08-svn ( 4月 09 2013 - 19:15:41)Marvell version: 1.1.3 NQ

New version U-boot U-Boot 2011.12 (Jan 15 2015 - 21:22:47) Marvell version: v2011.12 2014_T2.0p1

If there is a log to find, I would submit it. I wish buffalo would stop telling their customers they are lying and I pray they can figure out how to replicate the issue 'in their lab'. Maybe they should try multiple heavy transfers with two four TB drives and fill the system to little over 3 TB of data. Push the system a little like the users are. It would be nice to hear from the lab as to what tests were implemented to determine how they stress the system.

All the logs were sent to them and they all know about the problem. It is better to buy Chinese ...

Striking attitude towards customers ... if you do not want to suffer, Buffalo, please, make firmware DD-WRT/OpenWRT

thejahn

• Calf
July 2022, and tried restoring my 2x4TB Western Digital Red drives in RAID1 config, with data from a backup drive, hard wired to a router (Win10 USB drive to router to NAS) and my LS421DE hung every few minutes, and sometimes seconds, after 1 to 8gb of transferred data while using the latest 1.8x firmware. Over the years, I have used all upgrded firmwares and experienced the same issue while streaming large files from the NAS. I downgraded to 1.34 (SMBv1? argg) and it has been running for a day without the NAS hanging! Using Beyond Compare, by Scooter Software, to transfer the 3.5TB of data, it has recorded multiple network issues (assumption that the NAS reset briefly or some other network anomoly over night) and I have had to re-mirror some folders to ensure the few failed files transferred completely. I am however not needing to babysitting the NAS, pulling the plug to reset it, every few minutes. This issue has obviously been going on for years and I have just 'put up with it', but I am looking toward Synology for my next system unless Buffalo can do SOMETHING about this issue to regain my confidence in their product, other than saying it cannot be duplicated in their lab. One positive I have about this product is it sort of still (partially) works as a backup/NAS solution and I have owned it for many years. I have not used many of the features that are embedded other than SMB continuously and the iTunes server for a week. 
Sincerely,
Tom
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 09:34:59 AM by thejahn »