Author Topic: LS421DE firmware 1.83-1.80 crash NAS everyday under/without load. 1.34 stable.  (Read 24001 times)

MiG174

• Tatanka
I bought NAS at the end of 2013. It was there one of the initial firmware, such as 1.30. Everything was working fine until the fall of 2015 when I decided to update firmware 1.34 to 1.81. After that, work NAS turned into hell - the sudden freezing of the NAS. On the power button does not respond, I had to turn off the power. HDD (wd10efrx-68pjcn0) checking has shown that there are no errors, SMART readings as new. Failure occurs mainly when downloading torrents, thus restarting the clients appeared to dlna duplicate files of all types - video, music, photos. This happened even when downloading a 1 torrent. I thought disable torrent client, leaving only Twonky, but even so in just hangs. In all cases, NasNavigator2 2.83 not reported any errors (currently floods I52)

Return on 1.80 firmware did not give result - the situation is similar. At 1.34 the normal operation of all services including WebAccess.

Dear you are going to celebrate all of this in the new firmware? And how turn off the orange light on NAS - there is a new firmware?

I am sorry for my English, he does not own.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:56:00 AM by MiG174 »

Azasel

Lot of people get this problem and roll back to firmware 1.34. Many people (including me) have report the problem to Buffalo support, but it seems that they don't care about it.
I buy 1 time Buffallo, it was also the last time....

MiG174

• Tatanka
1.81 released on 30/06/2015. Buffalo thank you for your "prompt" approach to the problem ((((((

MiG174

• Tatanka
Thank you for disabled "new firmware" message I52. Now even white signal))))
again I52

Waiting new firmware, I hope and I believe in YOU !!!!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 04:04:55 AM by MiG174 »

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
From your date format, I take it this is a UK/EU unit.

This is the first I've seen it on the forums.

To be clear : if you are not downloading torrents, the unit works fine?
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

MiG174

• Tatanka
From your date format, I take it this is a UK/EU unit.

This is the first I've seen it on the forums.
EU/Russia
To be clear : if you are not downloading torrents, the unit works fine?
No, without torrent client (BitTorrent) NAS crash too.
NAS crash occurs even without a load during the day, and if it is to load the torrent fall occurs in my eyes, after beginning download 1-2 torrents. In firmware 1.34 I upload 8 torrents simultaneously. Crash NAS was not at 1.34 firmware.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:16:59 AM by MiG174 »

MiG174

• Tatanka
How long to wait for a new firmware?

Azasel

Try to ask Buffalo directly, we are waiting for some months already !

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
We have a lab unit and some of the tech support team owns the 421DE, and we've not had this problem in those environments. Have you contacted support?
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

Azasel

I have contacted the support the only thing they ask me to do was to update again to the last firmware and send the log file when it crash. At the moment I have no time to do it, and I don't want to have a buggy device. (I have roll back the 1.34 firmware).
There is many people having this problem and I saw some on other forum also.
All your test devices are running the last firmware ? (1.81)
I have 2 disk of 2TB in raid 1 in the device. (and the disk are in the supported disk list).

MiG174

• Tatanka
We have a lab unit and some of the tech support team owns the 421DE, and we've not had this problem in those environments. Have you contacted support?
The problem in firmware 1.81 will appear (apparently) after reset to factory/default settings.

Two day ago I updated 1.34-1.81 with save the settings. The problems are not observed.
2TB torrent downloaded with parallel load two clients Twonky and copying files to NAS. There was no crash. All works fine.
I continue to test.

Please confirm/disprove my suspicions in your labs, I do not have time to conduct repeated upgrade/downgrades firmware.

I have roll back the 1.34 firmware
The solution -  do not reset to factory/default after firmware upgrade higher version 1.34.

UPD 1.81 crash again... lost all the torrent in the queue

back 1.34(((((((((((

Dear, solve problem
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:29:03 AM by MiG174 »

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
Still not seeing this in the lab.

I'd suspect a failing hard drive. Have you tried to run CDI on them?

Azasel

So means everybody who have this problem have a defect hard drive ? And if so why it's stable with the firmware 1.34 and not the 1.80 and 1.81 ?
And what you mean by CDI ?

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
Crystal Disk Info.

You attach the drive to a windows pc, and check the SMART data on the drive.

Azasel

Ok

Is there a log file somewhere where we can see when it crash ? If yes where it is ?