Author Topic: "UPnP not available" (problems with Web access settings)  (Read 6324 times)

TommySt

• Calf
"UPnP not available" (problems with Web access settings)
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:27:43 AM »
Bought a new Buffalo Linkstation a couple of weeks ago.

At first everything seemed to work as I wanted, including my settings for Web access on my computer.

I secured that my router has UPnP activated.

I donīt know what Iīve possibly changed but now I canīt save my web access settings with Automatic router settings set as Activated.
I only get the message "UPnP is not available. Active UPnP or use manual setup."

... and still my router settings says UPnP activated.

Manual port forwarding is out of my competence I think... so, whatīs my problem - how can I solve this?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: "UPnP not available" (problems with Web access settings)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »
If UPnP is not available then you will need to disable it on the Linkstation, manually select an external port and then forward this port on your router. If you don't know how to forward a port on your router then google it.

Should take 2 minutes.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

TommySt

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 02:01:19 PM »
If UPnP is not available then you will need to disable it on the Linkstation, manually select an external port and then forward this port on your router. If you don't know how to forward a port on your router then google it.

Should take 2 minutes.

But why? My router settings says clearly that UPnP is activated.

Iīm also pretty sure that it worked before, in the "Automatic" setup.

But maybe, could you then please help a rookie? :-)
Iīve did that, googled, and found the page how to port forward my router. It only talkes about port forwarding together with apps and games.
And I donīt really see how to "match" that info page with the parameters/info in the web access settings page for the Linkstation.
For a pro like you itīs easy, I think - and hope. :-))

The Linkstation talks about:

External port: NNNNN (5 given digits)
Internal port number for NAS: NNNN (4 given digits)

And on the other hand, my router settings are these:

Protocol   WAN port   LAN port   Destination

The last one I surely understand, itīs the IP number for where I keep all my data, the Linkstation.
But what about the others, what shall I put in there?

Just to secure one more thing... shall I then use the Buffalo Web Access app when I try to reach the NAS outside our own Network (using the WWW for example) or should I use a browser, putting in the IP number to my NAS there? Or maybe it will be possible to do both?

TommySt

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 05:39:27 AM »
Anyone?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 10:35:17 AM »
The external port listed by the LinkStation is the "WAN port" on the router, the internal port on the LS is the "LAN port" on the router.

TommySt

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 03:05:45 AM »
OK, thanks.

But... still not working.
After creating a port forward in my router settings (according to above) I first got this message:

"Wrong. An SSL error has occured and a secure connection to the server cannot be made."

And then, saw the option "HTTPS/SSL-encrypt" setting under WebAccess settings, Linkstation.
Activated, then... "Wrong. Couldnīt connect with the server."

Also tried to disconnect "Registration information for BuffaloNAS.com" using "Name of another DNS service provider", with the numbers for my NAS (xxx.xxx.x.xxx).

Also tried creating a new BuffaloNAS.com name. In the Linkstation settings as well as in my iPhone app.

But still no.