Author Topic: Wishlist for next firmware LS-CHL  (Read 18392 times)

Kwarberg

• Calf
Re: Wishlist for next firmware LS-CHL
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »

Sorry, I misunderstood your intensions with the new threads :P ... In the spirit of ideas, how about a VPN-server.

- Kasper

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »
I'll send it on to Japan, though that seems like more of a LS-XHL (Linkstation Pro) type of wish. We always let Buffalo Japan know these suggestions might apply to many of the products.

European

• Tatanka
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 05:59:46 PM »
   What is the difference between the LS-CHL and LS-XHL? I believe the casing is better, the fan can be replaced, better performance, but is there any difference in feature set?

Ketal

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 03:12:57 AM »

Hi,

My main wish for the next firmware would be a far better Web Access interface, such as the one provided by humyo.com for example. Quick and efficient.

The actual WebAccess feature is really not user-friendly, lacks a real music (not only a preview for one mp3, then click on the next one, etc.) & video player.

And of course BitTorrent encryption if not already set by default.

Thanks in advance for all the improvements :)

witm

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 05:46:14 AM »

My suggestions:

• BitTorrent Power Management: BitTorrent Download scheduler so that the Bittorrent Manager can be used at specified times only.
  • Media Server Power Management: The ability to set the media server to be on or off at specified times of the day. This should be independant of the BitTorrent Power Management.
  • NAS Power Management: The bility to remotely wake up/start all of the three above if they are sleeping/not in use.
  • The ability to select individual files for download within a torrent file, and maybe a progress bar for these.
  • Update the Media Server if Twonky is to be maintained, otherwise the use of a different Media Server; many have been suggested.
  • Abillity to MOVE files within different folders on the LinkStation using WebAccess.
  • When renaming a file using WebAccess the whole page refreshes back to the top folders. The page should instead refresh to the location where the changes were made.

MEDIA SERVER FURTHER INFORMATION:

LS-CHL has TwonkyMedia 4.4.8 preinstalled.

The Twonky website indicates two more recent versions of TwonkyMedia Server are available - 4.4.18 and 5.0.61.
Infact both versions have additional NAS builds specifically for the Buffalo Linkstation Live.

These should be added in the next LS-CHL update

Message Edited by witm on 08-07-2009 12:05 PM

Rengel

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 02:42:11 AM »

MEDIA SERVER FURTHER INFORMATION:

LS-CHL has TwonkyMedia 4.4.8 preinstalled.

The Twonky website indicates two more recent versions of TwonkyMedia Server are available - 4.4.18 and 5.0.61.
Infact both versions have additional NAS builds specifically for the Buffalo Linkstation Live.

These should be added in the next LS-CHL update

This is one of the main Updates the LS-CHL needs! I want to use the Media Server for about 6 month now but I can't because it'S not working together with my Sony Bravia (Musiac stops after 30 Seconds) 

Anti

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 08:39:59 AM »

Hi,

Another important update, i think:

-there should be a downloadmanager for all Downloadtypes (not only bittorrent, but also http-download...etc.)

(Good idea to start a wishlist! And thanks to buffalo that they go into this suggestion!)

Anti ;)

(please dont mind my bad english^^)

Kameran

• Big Bull
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »

<!--       @page { margin: 0.79in }       P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }       A:link { so-language: zxx }    -->

Buffalo Member:  finchyo

Moved to proper thread: Kameran

10-09-2009 07:47 PM

Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been brought up but i was wondering if any more features are planned for the built in bittorrent client on the Linkstation drives in future updates. Is this even possible? The main thing that i need of the bittorrent is time based download throttling. What I would love to do is throttle downloads and uploads between about 10am and 12pm, and then open up the download speed to unlimited in the early hours when nobody is likely to be using the Internet. At the moment the box is increasing my ping when gaming as it is still downloading, I have to manually go and stop all downloads. Everything else is great but this feature would make the client so much better. Thanks

jbarrett

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 11:16:24 AM »

Wishlist for LS-W1.0TGL

The ability for a share name longer than 12 characters

jormajoo

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »

I would also like different bittorrent speed adjustments in different times for LS-CHL.

More than anything I would like properly working bittorrent. I would like to be able to have settings saved even after reboot of the hdd. The client should also be able to download all torrents. Even from private trackers.

mthevenot

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »

I'd like to request an option in the Web Admin interface to turn off all the flashy graphics and reduce screen re-draws for Low Bandwidth connections.  If you're trying to remotely administer one of these over a dialup connection, you have to wait and wait and wait for all the graphics to load and re-load for each screen re-paint.  Logging in currently re-paints the screen six times.  This kills a low bandwidth connection.  A command line option would be great too, so that the configuration can be scripted.

nighthawke

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »

Remote or internal (preferably both) system event logging services. Sending fault records via email is ok, but has its limitations. If alerts are emailed, chances are they are going to get lost, or filtered, by either the sender's service or the recepient's, or worse, delayed to the point where they are useless. Or the worst case, the SMTP API on the NAS breaks and either refuses to send mail, or floods the destination box with garbage.

If someone's NAS develops a fault, the admin would dump the logs, and send them to the team to deduct what happened and formulate a solution.

All you guys would do to start things rolling is to ask the customer if they have a log of the event that happened and send it to you.

Almost all servers, routers and major NAS arrays have one form of logging or another. Logs don't take up that much room, especially if stored in text format and preset for limited size like 512K to 1MB and then rollover.  Even then there would be loads of data to evaluate any faults.

RedRocket

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 07:18:34 AM »

Hello,

There are a few items I would like to see:

1. Be able to backup over a "regular" internet connection without ISP routing restrictions. See http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Off-Site-Backup/td-p/21390
Also, for Off Subnet LinkStations, it would be nice to be able to enter a domain name. The device is connected to the internet so it should be able to resolve the name to a IP anyways.

2. SFTP

Thanks,
Chris.

lionello

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 03:23:53 AM »

I got the LS-CHL1.0 one week ago and love it!

My wish list (in order of importance; most already mentioned by others):

• small webserver (just plain HTML, no server side scripting)
  • option to move files in webaccess
  • customizable external webaccess port (seems fixed now?)
  • users/groups for download manager
  • Windows 7 library folder support! (although MKLINK seems to fool Windows 7 just fine)

Keep up the great work!

olvi

• Tatanka
Re: Wishlist for next firmware (TS-III)
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 03:04:47 AM »

Fix for nfs-server user permissions!

To make rsync to work with password!

Torrent manager protection with password!

Show only max quota and used quota for user, now size of whole disk!