Author Topic: LinkStation Pro Duo Shared Folder Issue  (Read 12534 times)

rinthos

• Buffalo
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo Shared Folder Issue
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 01:47:51 AM »

@jsantora,

Yeah, it looks like they are using the full path, as I've had the same experience as you on 2 of these systems so far, and a windows file server, so far all check out ok...

Make sure the linkstation IP pings.  (you're using the Linkstation IP Address, not your computer's, right?).

SmoothAl

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 01:50:55 AM »
   Yes, the "Windows" box was checked.  The NAS is responding to pings w/o issue.  Status is "Normal"; "Disk Checking" finished hours ago.  Yes, the new "share" folder (named "share") was created in the "Shared Folder Setup" section not the "Service Setup" section.

rinthos

• Buffalo
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 02:01:22 AM »

Well here's the last one I can think of tonight, brain starting to shutdown LOL.

Create a new share named test  (all lowercase).

Enable permissions, make guest read-only and admin read/write.

after applying changes, reboot the LS pro duo (maintenance tab i believe).  When it comes back up, validate it's IP address is still current and and try to map the test share.

If that works, then try the share share. 

Reboot will restart the daemons/services on the device, and making a new share will cause it to update it's permissions.

Outside of that, I'm clueless.  using the correct IPs etc, I can't cause that to happen unless I add a firewall to the mix, but doesn't sound like you've changed anything.

SmoothAl

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 02:37:31 AM »

Unfortunately that didn't work either.  I did try to reinstall from the disk, thinking I missed something the first time through.  Apparently I didn't see the message at the top of the display box that initially shows you the IP Address, Target Link Station/Host Name, Workgroup, etc.

The message I missed was "Failed network mapping".  There was also something about the default "share" not being present.

I'm guessing there's no way of going back to square one now, right?

SA

SmoothAl

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 05:01:55 PM »

Okay, so the tech crew helped me see the "share" folder on a laptop that is connected to my network.  However, I still get the error of "Path not found" when I type in the IP Address into the Run box.

I've tried to disable my free version of Zonealarm, but that doesn't seem to help.  In fact, it seems to almost freeze my system to the point that I have to do a hard reboot.  My Zonealarm is set to allow for the "NAS to ..."/accept, receive, etc from the Internet.  Is it possible that it may be the firewall on my router?

SA

rinthos

• Buffalo
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 05:49:15 PM »

Depends....

What did they do to help you 'see' the share?

Depending on the workaround, it could be firewall based, or it may not be....

SmoothAl

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 06:00:32 PM »

I just removed the "share" folder that I set up last night, went back to the laptop and typed in the IP Address into the Run box.  It showed up the LS with the "info" folder on the screen.  I right clicked on "My Computer" and clicked on "Map Network Drive", gave it a letter along with the IP Address, and there it was.  Visible on the laptop only.

Just got the phone with a buddy and what I failed to mention about the laptop is that it is running Windows XP; desktop is running W2000.

rinthos

• Buffalo
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 11:35:13 PM »

So to clarify, this does not work on the windows 2000 system, only on the XP system?

SmoothAl

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »

As of right now, the issue of not being able to map a path or have the computer find the path to the LS is on the W2000 system.  We had no issue viewing the "share" or "info" folder, let alone the newly mapped LS on the XP system.  Really not sure if it should make a difference since the LS says it works with W2000 and up.

SA

rinthos

• Buffalo
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 12:06:26 PM »

Gotcha.  Sounds like a win2k issue related to firewall settings of some sort.  Zone-alarm can be quite a pain if it's not cooperating.

Either that, or the router on your network has specific config settings for the different systems. (perhaps MAC filtering?).

NasMaster

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »
   I have just had the same problem on my XP machine. After disabling my firewall and trying to connect to \\IP_Address\Share it worked. I started up my firewall and allowed file and print from my Livestation IP.

przemek

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 10:38:52 AM »

Hi, have you solved your problem? I have purchased Linkstation Duo 4 T (LS-WX4) 2 days ago and since there I am fighting to get it installed. Windows 7. All symphtoms seem to be exactly as yours...