Author Topic: Windows 10 Upgrade wants BUFFALO TurboPC EX series removed before upgrade  (Read 7048 times)

clc2

• Calf
  • Owns a Buffalo 2TB Desktop External Disk Drive
I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 .   A) Using Windows 10 Settings and B) Downloading the whole package for reinstallation both lead to a request from the Windows 10 upgrade installation program to remove "Buffalo TurboPC Ex Series" from the computer.  I have a Buffalo 2TB Desktop External Disk Drive attached to a Lenovo Thinkcentre M83 SFF desktop bought in January 2013.

There are no Buffalo programs listed in Start/Apps and none listed under Control Panel/Add-remove programs, either.

There is a C:\BUFFALO\DriveNavi_HDGDU3_WR_101 folder with many files, including a DriveNavi.exe installation application.  When I open it as Administrator, it will "install" but there's no choice for de-install.

I want to de-install this "Buffalo TurboPC Ex Series," whatever it is, install first big update of Windows 10, and then reinstall the Buffalo software.  I assume that Buffalo and Microsoft will solve the compatibility issue in the fullness of time, but I want to install the Windows 10 update, NOW.

Can anyone help?

clc2

• Calf
  • Owns a Buffalo 2TB Desktop External Disk Drive
This topic went for over 2300 reads without one attempted answer.

Well, here it is.   Unplug the Buffalo Drive before attempting the update.    The update took ages, but it installed.

Specifically, I was able to update from an installed Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.877) to Version 1709, (OS Build 16299.125). 

The Buffalo Boffins, bless their little hearts, have not been helpful so far.  2 years, thousands of views, no answers except mine..

Well, I answered myself by blundering into the same solution at the big update, but that still leaves the question: Do I  need to unplug the drive every time that I need it updated?

earth2tom

• Calf
In my case unplugging didn't do the trick
It turns out that there was what appeared to be an extra installation of the Buffalo software in the C:/ directory (not in program files or program files (x86) folders).  Odd that it didn't show up in a Cortana search of folders or RegEdit