Author Topic: LS210-D Password somehow changed  (Read 10829 times)

zzdiesel

• Calf
LS210-D Password somehow changed
« on: December 06, 2015, 12:41:39 AM »
My Linkstation 200's password no longer works. It changed somehow on it's own. Please help! Maybe someone send the file that resets it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:59:14 AM by zzdiesel »

jgenterprises

• Calf
Re: LS210-D Password somehow changed
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »
You are not the only one.  Me too.  The user guide says that a reset will fix it but I don't want to try it until I back up everything.  Let's keep in touch over this
Julian

MiG174

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 06:59:16 AM »
default - password

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 08:29:22 AM »
Also, a reset doesn't affect the data.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

rwb

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 04:39:38 AM »
I have a LinkStation LS-WXL and the admin password -- saved in my browser -- has suddenly stopped working.

I also noticed that it has stopped e-mailing me the daily health check, and is ignoring the sleep timer.

How could this have happened?

Obviously a factory reset will allow me to regain access, but will it wipe all the data?
What will I need to do after the reset in order to restore access to my two users to their data?

The factory reset procedure, described on page 60 of the manual, seems quite complicated:
  • Move the power switch to the “OFF” position to shut down the LinkStation.
  • Move the power switch to the “ON” position while holding down the function button.
    The function button will flash blue for 1 minute
  • While the function button is flashing blue, press it again.
    The status LED will start flashing blue. It will start flashing amber when initialization begins (2-3 minutes).

The manual is written for three products and its coverage of the LS-WXL isn't very good.
Where is the function button?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 05:40:43 AM »
Obviously a factory reset will allow me to regain access, but will it wipe all the data?

Read the post literally right above your one.

Where is the function button?

Oddly enough, it's the button on the back labelled "Function".
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

rwb

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 08:02:56 AM »

Read the post literally right above your one.

On most products a factory reset completely wipes everything, so this is unusual. After the reset presumably I have to re-configure the users.

Are the users supposed to be able to log in at /static/index.html? Because they can't.

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 09:43:21 AM »
LS-X does have a wipe / reset function but it's in the UI, and can't be done by pushing buttons on the box.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 10:26:08 AM »
LS-X does have a wipe / reset function but it's in the UI, and can't be done by pushing buttons on the box.

He has an LS-WXL, not an LS-XL ;-)

rwb

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
I hadn't drawn attention to the problem as there is a strict policy of blaming the messenger for maliciously breaking it.

However, a power cut caused the unit to restart and I am very happy to report that it has started working and is all back to normal (and I have avoided a bollocking).