Author Topic: NAS didn't reconnect to AD automatically after reboot.  (Read 2169 times)

Tokilam

• Calf
NAS didn't reconnect to AD automatically after reboot.
« on: November 15, 2017, 08:38:05 PM »
Hi all,

I've just bought a TS3400D and see it had AD support for management, I can join domain and setup permission for folder smoothly but the problem is after NAS rebooting (on purpose or power outage...), the connection to domain has been lost. I must configure to gain permission based on AD for each folder again and it cost a lot of time.

I have no idea if it is a NAS error or this product doesn't have that kind of function.

Thanks & Best Regards

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: NAS didn't reconnect to AD automatically after reboot.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 09:33:11 AM »
It should be able to authenticate against a DC with no problem. Make sure that the unit is configured with the DC as the first DNS server and that the time is correct on the unit.

Tokilam

• Calf
Re: NAS didn't reconnect to AD automatically after reboot.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:33:03 PM »
Hi TT,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure about the correction of AD configuration since it can connect to domain.

Just reboot again and see issue still exists, maybe it didn't save last used password (or didn't recognize it, it contains special characters such as @) because I need to type again. I've changed the password to normal text and number and we'll see if it can fix the problem. If not, I'll send device to vendor for checking.

Best Regards.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:39:22 PM by Tokilam »