Author Topic: General question about RAID 0 with different size/spec HDD, and USB 3.0 speed  (Read 1158 times)

mattlocked

• Calf
Hi,

I'm having trouble with my LS441DE  when streaming high bitrate movies to my NMT A410 HD-Player over a gigabit Network. I'm using 4 HDD, 2x4TB and 2X3TB some seagate and some WD, with presumably different specs.   Movie playback over wired LAN Stutters frequently (buffering for a couple seconds now and then...) when the same files played from a usb (2.0) hdd play fine, even with much higher bitrates.   Is there any limitation on using different HDD's when creating a RAID 0 Array? It would appear so... Also, my previous NAS (a quad-pro) played the same files just fine over the same network configuration( same router, switch and cabling)... I'm thinking about dumping all my content to external drives, undoing the Raid and returning to a JBOD configuration, but I find it very sad that a recent, allegedly more powerful, NAS like the LS441DE is performing so poorly that it is unusable.

Also, if I back up to external USB 3.0 Drives connected to the LS441DE, what is the transfer rate I can expect?.

Thanks for your ideas.

Matt.