Author Topic: Web Access From iPhone No Longer Works  (Read 1660 times)

Ringfinger

• El Toro
Web Access From iPhone No Longer Works
« on: December 03, 2015, 08:01:54 PM »
It had for years, now it wont.  Now, it will if I am connected to wi-fi at home.  When I am, I click the app and it logs me in and I can access it.  But when on the cellular network (in other words not home wi-fi) I can't access the shared folders.  What gives?  I changed nothing.  I deleted and reinstalled the app and set it up and the same thing.  Wi-fi=good, cellular network=no access.

Please help, it has to be simple but again I changed nothing.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Web Access From iPhone No Longer Works
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:09:44 AM »
If its working locally but not remotely then it's any issue with the port forwarding / UPnP on your router.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:37:10 AM »
I changed nothing with my router at all, nothing.  What did you restore to make it work? 

As far as port forwarding, what do I need to do then?

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 12:23:54 PM »
I have 9000 forwarded.  I do not have upnp enable but I don't think I ever did.  Should I?

I did install a new modem/router combo (Xfinity) that the router I had been using is attached to.  So, it appears that I had to add the IP of the original router under IPv4, and then open port 9000, that fixed it!  I hope, it seems I can access it now.  Does that sound right to you?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:26:25 PM by Ringfinger »