Author Topic: A bit disappointed in the new 11ac 1750 router  (Read 3551 times)

Insr33

• Calf
A bit disappointed in the new 11ac 1750 router
« on: November 24, 2015, 01:53:31 AM »
Hi

I recently bought a new Buffalo 11ac 1750 router.  I specifically bought a Buffalo DDWRT router because I absolutely loved my previous Buffalo router (Model WZR-HP-G300NH) which had an enormous amount of settings / options and performed very well overall.  I work in IT and logon to my home pc a lot for testing purposes and other stuff.  With my new router I don't see to get that working properly unfortunately :(  Let me make a quick diagram of my setup:

Cable connection -----> Cable Modem with builtin router ---> Buffalo router --> home pc

So what I used to do to take over my pc from home is this: (on my old Buffalo Router)

1.   Connect to the dyndns webaddres on my router on port 8080 (port 8080 obviously forwarded from my cable modem / router  to my buffalo router)
2.   Go to admin / wake on lan / wake up my pc at home
3.   Connect via Teamviewer or RDP

With the new router I have 2 problems:

1.   The dyndns registration doensn't seem to work if the router senses a lan adres on the first hop :/
2.   I don't see a "wake on lan" button anymore to wake up my pc.  Does this mean that I have to VPN into my router and send a WOL manually?

Really feel like this router is 2 steps back from my old router.  Can this be resolved? 

Info:

Type: WZR-1750DHP  Version 2.27
Serial : 20020830703456
Mode : Router
ISP : Telenet Belgium Cable
FW : 2.27
Computer : Win 7 X64 Pro

If more info is needed, let me know :)

Regards
Thomas

DIrish

• Calf
Re: A bit disappointed in the new 11ac 1750 router
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 09:54:24 AM »
FWIW my DDWRT router can't handle the DNS portion as well.   

I have an older Buffalo router with their homegrown interface and it works like a champ.   I think this DDWRT needs much more functionality ...

Insr33

• Calf
Re: A bit disappointed in the new 11ac 1750 router
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 01:21:44 AM »
FWIW my DDWRT router can't handle the DNS portion as well.   

I have an older Buffalo router with their homegrown interface and it works like a champ.   I think this DDWRT needs much more functionality ...

Thx for the reply DIrish.  Seems this forum is pretty dead :)
I found out that my new router his wireless is pretty bad as well.  I just don't understand that a 4 year old router has more functionality / range then my new one.  Oh well, there goes my brand loyality..