Author Topic: LS Quad shutting down for no apparent reason  (Read 14640 times)

rpoitras

• Calf
Re: LS Quad shutting down for no apparent reason
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 09:44:19 AM »
I ordered a replacement power supply directly from the Buffalo store and they sent the wrong one for my older Quad NAS. They do not send the power cable, only the transformer, so I couldn't use it as my original power cord has 2 pins while the new one requires a 3 pin. Trying to return it was an excercise in futility as there is no way to directly contact them and I believe this is done on purpose. I was about to start a charge back with my credit card but found a post on Amazon where someone else had the same issue. He said he used a power cable from an old laptop adapter so I checked and I had an extra one as well and it worked. I've been up and running for over a week so I think the issue was definitely with the power supply.

But, the Buffalo store can go shove it and I will never buy or recommend anything from them ever again. Multiple emails sent through their website where you get a canned response from an unmonitored email address (it doesn't accept replies) and they still never acknowledged the problem. For $50 I got a standard power adapter that I had to dig into my own stuff to get it to actually work. They should be ashamed of themselves for this type of treatment of their customers.

jonnyg999

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 11:29:34 AM »
Hello,

I realise that this thread is nearly 4 years old however I'm curious to know if replacing the power brick resolved the shutdowns that you were both seeing.
I have the same model and I'm getting the exact same issue.   Ok so there is newer tech out there but I would still like to get a few more years out of my Linkstation Quad if possible.
Thanks in advance.

Jon

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 11:33:14 AM »
is your device an ls-ql or ls-qvl?

jonnyg999

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 11:39:21 AM »
It's an LS-QL

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019, 01:41:53 PM »
Do you have the switch on the back set to manual or auto?

jonnyg999

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2019, 11:08:07 AM »
Switch is set to Manual.
I'm considering ordering a new power brick, but cannot be certain that this is the problem.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019, 11:38:04 AM »
I suppose you could get out a multimeter and see if it's outputting the expected voltage.

I'd also take a look and make sure the fan is working etc. Overheating being another possibility.

Bugblatter

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2020, 05:55:46 AM »
For me, this problem is definitely with the power brick.  I have 2 of the LS-QL, one of which recently developed this exact same problem.  I swapped the power bricks between the two systems, and the random shutdowns followed the brick.