Author Topic: Couple of Issues during Setup - Linkstation LSCH1.OTL-R  (Read 1596 times)

yar786

• Calf
Couple of Issues during Setup - Linkstation LSCH1.OTL-R
« on: June 05, 2009, 07:59:48 PM »
   1.)I have the LSCH1-.OTL-R Linkstation with windows XP on my laptop 

2) Originally came with 1.06 but upgraded to 1.07 (noticed no apparent difference)

3) My Network includes Actiontec modem\route in one with Verizon Fios.

4) Now the issues or questions:

A. I have created two shared folders, "Music" and "Shared" and have made them available for online access. I have created two user names "Tester" and "Friends". When I logon as one it shows both shared folders but the other shows only Music. Friends is set to be only read while tester is set to read and write. I don't understand how group or user access works?

B. I tried connection from my iphone at work (using 3G network) it says my server did not respond. It works fine when I'm at home on on wifi. Does this mean it doesn't work on 3g?

C. If there a way to logout when on webaccess without having to clear cookies and stuff? You can logout on the iphone(which is good)

D. Is there anyway to update the webaccess to something more user friendy? are there other options besides from buffalo?

Sorry for all the questions but I feel these are all questions not in the user manual.

Message Edited by yar786 on 06-05-2009 08:05 PM
Message Edited by yar786 on 06-05-2009 08:08 PM