Author Topic: WZR-1750DHP Wireless speed dropped 80%  (Read 4335 times)

Bobmitch

• Calf
WZR-1750DHP Wireless speed dropped 80%
« on: August 07, 2015, 01:26:58 AM »
OK...out of the clear blue, running the router in "router" mode connected to a Verizon FIOS Actiontec router, the Wireless speed has dropped to 12/12.  That would be fine, but my internet access speed is 75/75.  When I first set the router up, my wife's machine with an Asus AC card,  was getting 75/75.  My laptop with an Intel N card was getting 75/75, and my Dell Venue Pro 11 tablet with Intel AC card was getting 75/75.  Today, I have had the router in service for about 10 days.  Already had one issue where the router dropped the attached USB 3.0 hard drive.  Now I can't get wireless speed over 12mbps....up or down.  The only way I was able to get the speed up was to change to AP mode.  Then I ran the Buffalo configurator and reset the router to 192.168.11.1 and still could no longer access the USB 3.0 HDD attached.  I think this router is not working properly...even with the latest 2.27 firmware.  I am seriously contemplating RMA back to Newegg and just go back to my old Western Digital router until I can find something that will work properly.

RMA'd...on it's way back to Newegg

Before I sent back...called tech support and talked to Donald.  Can not find and rhyme or reason that this is happening other than a defective unit.  Recommended that since in the first 30 days...definitely RMA back to the Egg.  Should have a new one next week some time.  Looking forward to a fully working one.  Will keep updated
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:29:48 PM by Bobmitch »