Author Topic: Cisco modem / router / AP and Buffalo WZR-600DHP  (Read 2105 times)

shilooh45

• Calf
Cisco modem / router / AP and Buffalo WZR-600DHP
« on: March 27, 2017, 12:57:13 PM »
I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction or tell me what I want to do is not possible, etc.

I have a Cisco combination cable modem, router and WiFi AP provided by my ISP (Mediacom Cable). The WiFi coverage isn't that good. So, I purchased an "AirStation™ HighPower N600 Gigabit Dual Band Open Source DD-WRT Wireless Router - WZR-600DHP" -- Actually, I bought two of them.

What I'd like to do is connect both of the WZR-600DHP devices to the Cisco device (the cisco has a 4 port switch) via CAT5 and have all three devices (the 2 WZR-600DHP and the Cisco) all happily co-exist on the same subnet so every device – no matter which AP it's connected to – can "see" the other devices no problem. I have devices on the Cisco (192.168.0.x subnet) such as WiFi printers / security cameras / etc. and some devices on the WZR-600DHP (192.168.11.x subnet) such as NAS units / home servers / etc. and they're not talking to each other.

What's the best way to solve this? Place everything on the same subnet? Route between subnets? Something else?