Author Topic: Latest video files not available on DLNA device  (Read 4247 times)

vpreston

• Calf
Latest video files not available on DLNA device
« on: August 01, 2015, 05:33:53 PM »
I stream video from my NAS to my Samsung TVs.  Whenever I add a new video to the NAS, I can't see it on the TVs. I have to power cycle the NAS in order for the new video to appear.  I'm thinking it's an indexing issue.  How long does it take to index/recognize new files?

JockeSve

• Calf
Re: Latest video files not available on DLNA device
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:52:07 AM »
You should be able to set the media scanning interval. It's somewhere in DLNA settings accessible via the web admin page  (the little 'gear' symbol in lower right corner if I remember correctly, I'm not at home so I can't check...) .

Pendaws

• Calf
Re: Latest video files not available on DLNA device
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 10:10:58 AM »
Hi there, I have a similar problem with my LS/QVL1C2. I updated the firmware last night and as usual, it didn't reboot the
NAS properly so, I RESTARTED the NAS today, even though it was running and still could not access the folder I have called
entertainment with all my video and music files through my Samsung BD 8500A DVD recorder (which was NOT a problem until the upgrade)

I have checked the settings for the DLNA server on the NAS and the IP address of the DVD unit it listed but, it now only works SOMETIMES.
I did also check my router to make sure that it was not denying service and I checked the DVD recorder to make sure there were no issues
with it but, I still get the NAS go missing when I try to access to watch my Media Files.???

BTW, have had NO issue with accessing the NAS through a computer.