Author Topic: LS-WXL E06 Cant find the IP either...  (Read 2710 times)

naktinis

• Calf
LS-WXL E06 Cant find the IP either...
« on: July 11, 2015, 06:22:53 PM »
Have a major issue with this one,

I've got this Link Station from a friend who swapped it for some other solution, he couldn't remember neither the admin password nor what network it used to be on... (he kept the original drive he had it with)
So i thought ill just get it to factory defaults and that that.
So i put two 1TB WD Reds in.
switched the nas off.
then switched it on with function button pressed and pressed it again after few seconds. and it went in to E6. no matter what i do it just gives me that error code.
I cant find it on Nas NAvigator2, i dont know if it reset to default ip or not as i cant see it anywhere, tried plugging directly in to laptop changing subnets ant etc. no luck.
Found some threads about E06 but most have dead links and very vague explanations on how to do most of the steps... i have never had linkstation before so starting to lose the  will here also spent some money on those drives....

Please could someone explain how can i find a way to use this box...

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
Re: LS-WXL E06 Cant find the IP either...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:41:11 AM »
E06 means no boot partition found on the drives.

Try booting to disk 1 in slot 1 alone. If no dice, Disk 2 in slot 1.

If still no go, try them by themselves in slot 2.

If that doesn't do it, it has been bricked. Unless this is a diskless enclosure, at which point just diskpart clean them and reinstall.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

naktinis

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:20:18 PM »
Thank you for reply,

Thats the issue i cant reinstall it...
both hard drives are brand new, and i cant find proper instructions how to reinstall it either... Found some stuff on TFTP but no image provided nothing...
Found couple of TFTP images to use, none of them worked.

Buffalo model is - LS-WX6.0TL/R1

tried pinging it on 192.168.11.150 and nothing , found out what IP address it used to be on and and tried pingig that nothing either...

Could some one please provide any information hot to reinstall it properly please.

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 12:56:05 PM »
I know the community had written one some time ago, but it's not especially simple to do. If you don't have the original drives with the firmware on them, you are in a tough place. If you do, clearing the password off of it should be easy.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**