Author Topic: Buffalo HS-DHGL LinkStation Live in emergency mode how to get it out  (Read 5315 times)

I have a Buffalo HS-DHGL LinkStation Live running Win7 on a PC.  My linkstation is in emergency mode and when I run the TSUpdater.exe it finds it with the firmware as "----" and when I click update, it says "couldn't open u-boot.buffalo.updated" OK
"Couldn't open uImage.buffalo" OK "Couldn't open initrd.buffalo." OK "couldn't open hddroofs.buffalo." OK "PC and LS-GL firmware are the same.  Updating is not necessary" OK

The NAS Navigator2 finds it but it says it is in Emergency mode and I can't access it.

*********SO, HOW do I get it out of Emergency mode so I can access this drive?**************

- Tod

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Buffalo HS-DHGL LinkStation Live in emergency mode how to get it out
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:22:08 AM »
1. You are using the wrong update. TSUpdate.exe is for Terastations.
2. You have'n't unzipped the files.

Use the firmware in the below link, UNZIP IT, disable security software on the PC and run the LSUpdate.exe file.

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/download_file.php?r=3983
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

DazBlade

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 11:51:24 AM »
I am new to the forum and realise this topic has not been posted to for a while but hopefully that won't stop me from getting a reply.

I have the exact same issue with my HS-DHGL-EM090 - NAS Navigator detects and states Emergency Mode, in red.

I followed the instructions, as posted by "davo". I disabled Windows firewall and my Virgin Media router firewall.
I have tried the update with my buffalo device plugged into the router and also with it plugged into my computer.
I tried the update with DHCP enabled and without DHCP enabled.
The LSUpdater.exe "finds" my buffalo device both with DHCP enabled and disabled but the update always stops and gives this error message:-
'Couldn't confirm a response from HS-DHGL-EM090.
please check a network address of both PC and HS-DHGL-EM090
please disable the Firewall function if it is working on PC
Updating is aborted.'

So, does this mean my device is broken and cannot be fixed?

Thanks for reading.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »
You're looking at a possible disk failure. Given the fact your device is over 10 yrs old it wouldn't be unusual.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

DazBlade

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 10:46:59 AM »
Yeah, that was in back of my mind but I'm more inclined to thinking some circuitry failure -- Thanks for replying. I'll soon find out when I remove the HDD from the casing and test it independently