Author Topic: New Mac. Old LSwV 2.0tl/r1  (Read 2823 times)

Ringfinger

• El Toro
New Mac. Old LSwV 2.0tl/r1
« on: July 05, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
 OK, I have my network server back up whatever you want to call it set up to work with all of my Windows-based computers and everything works fine and I access files and I can back up and all of that.

I am in the process of buying a Macintosh for my daughter. I'm just curious if there is an issue with that Mac now accessing the drive and  is the set up difficult?  I'm still using my Windows computer so I don't want to change anything about the drive properties. I just need my daughter to be able to access the drive, store files on the drive, and also get pictures and other documents off of the drive. Is there any issue because it's a Macintosh now communicating with this drive that is set up with Windows files?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: New Mac. Old LSwV 2.0tl/r1
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:36:40 AM »
You can turn on support for Mac in the LinkStation GUI. It's on by default, so if you haven't turned it off then it should be on. Just install NAS Navigator for Mac from the Buffalo website and use it to connect to the LinkStation.

As far as individual files go, as long as she has software installed to open the file type it should work.

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:43:02 AM »
Wow, that's easy enough thank you so much.  I don't use navigator on my PC, I just type in the IP address and go from there.  I was never able to get it to work right.  Regardless, I map the drives using windows explorer or whatever it is called. 

So, can I map a drive in my Mac?  I know ZERO about Mac's so that is why I ask.  I really do appreciate all of the help.  I just want to be able to type in the path and poof it is there.  Is that possible?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 09:46:29 AM »
The Mac will connect using the "Finder". I'm not a Mac guy myself, only use one when doing testing. I've found that using NAS Navigator makes it a lot easier to connect to the shares.

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 09:49:17 AM »
Okay, I will give it a try.  Thanks!

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 08:13:27 PM »
Okay, the program (navigator) worked however it seems I have to re-mount every time I reboot.  How can I get it to mount automatically?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 03:59:18 AM »
Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server -> Server IP: AFP://NAS-IP -> Connect ->  Select the Share to Mount.

If there are no restrictions on the Share then log on as a guest.
If there are restrictions on the Share then enter the username/password.

Connect.

Google is your friend!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »
Thank you so much for your help!  I'll try that.

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 04:33:58 PM »
Actually I started with that and had an issue so I went to the recent network drives and dragged that to the startup and it all works now.