Author Topic: New-to-network laptop can't find Terrastation NAS drive already on network  (Read 3514 times)

drubinoff

• Calf
Hi,

Bear with me as I'm extremely exhausted from working ungodly hours. Someone please spoon-feed me.

One of my employees brought in her laptop. It's a MacBook Pro running Windows 7. It is connected to our network as a "work" network. It is able to see other computers on the network but it doesn't see the Terrastation NAS drive already on the network (the NAS is hardwired into the router), so I cannot presently access our company files on this computer. The existing computers are connected to the NAS via the network without any problem.

How do I connect to the Terrastation from this new laptop? I do have the NAS drive set up with a guest account which I thought I should be able to log into. However, as mentioned, the NAS doesn't show up on the network on this laptop.

Thanks,
Derek

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
What happens if you open My Computer and type \\ip address in the address bar? (where "ip address" is the IP of the NAS).

drubinoff

• Calf
What happens if you open My Computer and type \\ip address in the address bar? (where "ip address" is the IP of the NAS).

Thanks! I was able to log into the Buffalo Terastation web browser. I then typed in the IP address in to a Windows Browser and was able to log in.

Very much appreciated!