Author Topic: Need Help on What to Do Next - Recovery is not Working  (Read 1261 times)

VNTECH

• Calf
Need Help on What to Do Next - Recovery is not Working
« on: June 08, 2015, 06:38:24 PM »
I have exhausted all my options and not sure what to do next. Here is the history of what happened. I have had a LS-WXL5ED/R1 for about 1.5 years. Everything was working fine until 3 days ago.

The connection to the shared drive became intermittent, so I ran a scan with NasNavigator.
The 1st drive showed errors, so I ran a disk check. 3 days later the disk check was still running.
I called support and explained the scenario. They told me to shut the drive down and try removing 1 drive at a time to figure out the problem drive.
I narrowed down the issue to the 1st drive.
Thankfully I had previously purchased 2 additional backup drives, exact clone on the specs of the 2 already in the drive.
I moved disk 2 to the #1 slot, fired up the Nas and the drive came back.
The working #2 drive appeared to be working better and faster than ever and showed up on the NasNavigator almost instantly, so i decided to pop in one of my new blank drives into the now emtpy #2 blank spot.
I logged into the Web UI and Navigated to the [System] tab so I could get to the [ReBuild Array] option. I clicked the button to rebuild array and clicked [YES] to proceed.
***This is where things went wrong. The drive stated that it was trying to load the security numbers, I am guessing from looking at tutorials on the BuffaloTech site, it was trying to load the Captcha security that is required before you approve the Raid Array to be rebuilt. The drive became intermittent again and It hung on this screen for 1/2 hour and did not seem like it was going to proceed. The browser window crashed the NasNavigator could no longer see the drive either, as I continued to do scans.

Now I have tried turning off the drive all together, but in the off position the drive does not shut down either. I waited an hour and the blue led just continues to blink and blink forever. I pulled out the power plug and tried to do a cold restart but every time it starts up it gives the same scenario. The drive is not readable by the NasNavigator nor does it show up on my network. I can no longer get into the Web UI to do any further changes.

I cant access data, nor can I Rebuild the Array that I though was still good. Please help, not sure what to do at this point. Any help that can be offered at this point would be amazing. I am no longer under warranty and the Buffalo Phone support is now refusing to help me because they already gave me a few courtesy calls.

VNTECH

• Calf
Re: Need Help on What to Do Next - Recovery is not Working
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:44:46 PM »
Model # is actually LS-WX4.0TL/R1