Author Topic: Loosing network connectivity  (Read 3842 times)

rmitchell

• Calf
Loosing network connectivity
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:39:33 AM »
   This is similar to BillJR's thread on 10/22, but I need to resubmit. We have a

TS-RHTGL/R5 purchased from Dell specifically to use in our Windows 2003 domain as a file server. Initially it woud lnot recognize our AD, and many attempts to get it to join failed. A series of tech support calls to Buffalo Tech eventually provided connectivity. 3 days ago, all mapped drives from our WXPP workstations failed. Nothing occured in the network, no reboots of AD, no reboots of the servers, no updates, no patches, no DomAdmin passowrd resets. The Terastation just lost connectivity. I can access the Terastation with the Buffalo Navigator, and can browse to it using the web gui, but I cannot get it to join back to the Domain. Is this an inherent issue with the Terastation?

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Loosing network connectivity
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
Make sure the unit is up to date and set the unit back to factory defaults via the web interface.

macgyver35

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:22:50 PM »

Hi there Running Bull,

This seems to be a common issue.  I have 1 TS and 2 LS pro units and have the same connectivity issues.  To reiterate the previous posters question, are you aware of a REASON for this common issue?  We are all just trying to find answers and the "start from square one" approach to doing things is frustrating and ultimately not a permanent solution.  I have 53 client PCs in our network and am at my wits end with the constant complaints about lost connectivity (and productivity).  Is Buffalo addressing this issue?   If Buffalo is going to market products for business use and throw a "Pro" moniker on them, they need to be prepared with better response and documentation. 

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 09:51:07 AM »

This is not a common issue, I would like to set up a warranty repair for any and all units you have that are showing signs of failure.

I will put your old unit in a test lab and try to recreate the issue, and from that point we can determine why this is happening and how to correct it.