Author Topic: A WHR-300HP2D with the wrong firmware. Help Please  (Read 3542 times)

tony950

• Calf
A WHR-300HP2D with the wrong firmware. Help Please
« on: April 26, 2015, 07:59:00 PM »
for over 6 months i have been using this router that came with ddwrt preinstalled. this monring i went on to buffalo's site and checked to see if there was a firmware update. and i accidently typed in the wrong model number and got the wrong firmware. and i installed it onto my router. buffalo tech support called it the freindly version firmware i guess. what i want to do is go back to what i had before, the buffalo ddwrt firmware , but according tech support they said i would have to RMA the router if it is still under warenty so it can be replaced. the person i talked to from buffalo suggested asking here on the forum for a non-official way to put that ddwrt back on to my router. it is a WHR-300HP2D. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:02:53 PM by tony950 »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

tony950

• Calf
Re: A WHR-300HP2D with the wrong firmware. Help Please
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 10:45:25 AM »
i found that link yesterday and grabbed that .bin and tried. it doesnt work

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: A WHR-300HP2D with the wrong firmware. Help Please
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 04:17:55 AM »
What is the current UF FW version installed?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!