Author Topic: Loosing network connection on LS421DE  (Read 8436 times)

Azasel

Loosing network connection on LS421DE
« on: April 04, 2015, 03:27:02 AM »
Hi,

I have a brand new LS421DE, I have updated to the latest firmware 1.80. I have 2 HD of 2To in raid 1.
The problem is that after a while on, I loose the connection to it and NAS Navigator don't find it anymore, I have no error message.
I should shut it off/on that it works again.
But most of the time when I shut it off, nothing append, the power light stays on, I need to remove the power cable and plug it again.

I have already try different things, back to factory settings, use a fix IP,.. nothing works.
Any Idea ?

bally

• Calf
Re: Loosing network connection on LS421DE
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »
reset the unit the interface

Azasel

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 03:31:53 PM »
Already tried !

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »
have you tried another network cable? different port on the router or switch? Do you have the power cable connected to any power strips? if so try another port. Have you checked if this issue is happening to all the devices on the network or no?

These are a few suggestion I need to know about, Also how the network is setup like, Router -> switch -> Linkstation? or is it something else. There can be many factors and we need to start from the outside all the way to the inside, Also how did you factory reset it? using the option in the linkstation? If so we can try the LSupdate method but... I would recommend backing up any data as I rather format the whole unit vs just pasting a firmware over a firmware.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

Azasel

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 12:49:36 AM »
Hello,

I have the latest firmware 1.80. The Linkstation is connected directly on the rooter (from internet provider), I don't have any problem with other device connected on it.
I ve try also reseting the settings using the option, and using the front button.
I haven't try to change the port on the rooter or the network cable, but I will do it.
I ve try also dhcp or fix Ip adress.
And when I loose the connection, the device don't answer to the ping.
The device is new, I have still all data on an other place so it's possible to format it if needed.

Thanks for you're help

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 02:45:26 PM »
You can try the debug option in the firmware update. Pretty much put a check in all the boxes to the right, Left should already be checked.

here is a link http://m1econsulting.com/knowledge-base/force-update-buffalo-linkstation-nas/

I would give you the link to the post but its all mess, these guys here rip this off from the site so its exactly the same.

Going to need the firmware download.

BUT before all this, maybe we should try rolling back a firmware.... hmm this is why
http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=22838.0;topicseen

Your not the only person.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:48:46 PM by joma90 »

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »
They seemed to have did alot of changing going off the logs, Source: http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c85091/ls400-180_win_en.txt

Kind of missing what in they world they fixed from 1.34 to 1.80, that is a pretty big jump in revisions.

[Version History]
Version 1.80 [2015.2.25]
Added and Modified Features
 - Settings is now supported for mobile devices.
 - Modified so that the RAID array is rebuilt after a complete drive format.

Bug Fixes
 - Fixed a bug where the email notification did not work properly during RAID scanning.
 - Fixed a bug where NAS did not respond during a disk check if the unit contained too many files.
 - Fixed a bug where changing recycle bin settings took a long time.
 - Fixed a bug where some help text on Settings were not displayed correctly.
 - Fixed a bug where the DLNA sever did not start on LS421DE and LS441DE models.

Version 1.34 [2015.1.8]
Bug Fixes
 - Modified to deal with the OpenSSL programing vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-3567 and CVE-2014-0224) that are also know as the POODLE (SSL 3.0) vulnerability.
 - Modified to deal with the OpenSSL programing vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224) that is also know as the "CCS Injection" vulnerability.
 - Modified to deal with the Samba security vulnerabilities which the service was blocked by a CPU loop and CPU resource consumption, and a denial of service may be effected because the CPU utilization will go up to 100% (CVE-2014-0244 and CVE-2014-3498).

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 02:52:27 PM »
Heres the download for the firmware before 1.80

http://buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/ls400-134en.zip

You need to do the forcec update guide, here is a link http://m1econsulting.com/knowledge-base/force-update-buffalo-linkstation-nas/

Just in the debug options, select force update, and make sure you set check version to 0 as well. See if this helps.