Author Topic: Frustration with Cloudstor  (Read 3573 times)

noumena12

• Calf
Frustration with Cloudstor
« on: June 10, 2011, 01:31:32 PM »

I currently have two problems:

(1) I purchased a second drive to mirror. I found that I can only setup mirroring by logging in to the device from my LAN. Okay...no problem. It asks me for my password...which I assume is the password I used when I set up the device and that I use to log in to the web interface. But nope...that doesn't work. I don't have any other passwords and can't find any information.

(2) I started moving files over through the pogoplug installed on my computer. OMG...it is changing the create date of all the files to the day I moved them. Really????? I'm just moving the files...I don't want the create date modified. I haven't changed the file, I'm just moving it to a new location. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Frustration with Cloudstor
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 09:02:11 AM »

The default password is password. And yes, that is a known issue about the time. It is being worked on.

noumena12

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 09:30:25 AM »
So there is no workaround for the time issue? Because this is not going to work.

typuckett

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 08:03:17 PM »

I am in exactly the same "holding pattern"...waiting on a new CloudStor firmware to be released.  I have a 2.0TB Pro version, everything I try to copy, move, create to the device is dated 02-07-2036 1:28am.  I have purchsed two of the CloudStor Pro units from Amazon (already sent one back), just to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind on the modified file and folder dates. 

CloudStor Technical Support finally did confirm via phone (after several opened tickets and tests) that the folder and file date is a firmware bug (both of my devices kept resetting their own firmware date to 02-07-2036) - the one I kept still does today.  I've now been waiting about 4-6 weeks since initial device purhase to try to move almost 1TB of data to the brand new device.  I just don't want to loose all my date/time stamps for software and photo files and folders, or move to year 2036 in Windows Explorer on the P: drive in PogoPlug.  Just patiently waiting....with an empty device.

noumena12

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
Returned my CloudStor today. Glad I hadn't moved much.

teksolutions

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 10:33:19 AM »

Just got the box yesterday, I am going to return it back to the store today.  the **bleep** thing keep shutting down itself the device lose connection from the website interface. :smileymad: wasted my time.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »

Was the switch on the back set to on or auto? If It is not set to on and you did not install the Nas Navigator then it will turn off. Have you read over the manual?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 10:38:43 AM »

for customers inquiring about the cloudstor changing timestamps on the device. this is a function of how Cloudengine (company that wrote the application for moving files through the cloud) works - when you move files through the cloud (internet), the application only moves the files, not the timestamp and when the files arrive at the Cloudstor, the Cloudstor needs to give them a timestamp. If you move the files locally, the timestamp will not change.

If you use Samba or P-drive to move the files, the original timestamp will remain.

We have alerted Cloudengine that customers would prefer the original timestamp to remain, when moving files through the cloud, using Cloudengine, but do not have an answer back from them yet on this request.

marki2239

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »

Is there any update on this?   The random changing of dates makes this device useless.  Any software that uses dates for syncryonization will continously think the Cloudstor version is the latest.  THIS IS A DANGEROUS PROBLEM.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 01:09:21 PM »
Yup. Did you update your firmware?

On a side note... how is this dangerous? Are people going to die because of a time stamp?

marki2239

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »

yes I have the latest firmware.

And depending on how important your data is to you, thinking that you have an archive copy and then realizing that you lost your very important work because the tools work inproperly constitutes danger.

mmstukel

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 09:24:44 AM »
can't believe they can not fix this, even with a current date, 2036 is not even here yet, to think they don't have a problem worth fixing is unacceptable