Author Topic: Looking for a NAS  (Read 1274 times)

anthonycasta

• Calf
Looking for a NAS
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:19:29 PM »
Hello All:

I am having trouble finding a NAS solution that is going to fit ...

This is for a small law office that only has a few users (5) to be exact ... Currently, they are saving all of the their files, scanned documents and photos to 1 computer, then mapping a drive for all users to share ... They are not using any type of a server, so active directory is out of the question ...  This group of attorneys and the legal secretary work out of their house.  The are using a wireless network to communicate to the other pc's and printers, however, the NAS will be connected directly to the router ...  I have been looking at the TeraStation 3400 ..

What I am looking to acheive is, having a general share (group drive) where they can save various documents for their law office, each user will have their own personal folder on the NAS (personal drive) where they can save private information ...

I want to use either RAID 5, and use an offsite online backup such as carbonite or google drive ... Any ideas or suggestions as to which buffalo product will work the best?

Thx .. Tony
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:24:03 PM by anthonycasta »

rgarjr

• Calf
Re: Looking for a NAS
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:00:41 PM »
Not really sure which NAS would be suitable for remote usage. As NAS is primarily useful when you're in the local area network.

Buffalo NAS do support remote access but you need to upload/download using the web based browser interface.