Author Topic: Not sure how to explain this issue...  (Read 5757 times)

«THÖMÅS®©™»

• Calf
Re: Not sure how to explain this issue...
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »
Well, considering I had to wait until Wednesday to be able to post the unit to The Netherlands, I have been having a little play and done some testing.

I have been playing with the settings on the NAS for a few days and I think I have found the problem and it was so simple!  I said it probably was and I think I have solved this for good, though I may jinx it by saying this:

I did a RAID check and afterwards, I have had no more pausing and I have watched the movie Twister all the way through and no jumps or pauses.  I am very relieved.  There is one bonus, because the problem now appears to be resolved, I no longer have to return the unit to Buffalo in The Netherlands.  What a result!

If anyone on this board has a similar/identical problem, run a RAID check on the entire volume installed, select "Array 1" to check.  If this does not work, you may well have a faulty unit.

Thanks to everyone who assisted me in this difficult and frustrating time, I really thought I was going to lose all of my data!

Thanks again.

Thomas.

«THÖMÅS®©™»

• Calf
Re: Not sure how to explain this issue...
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 07:15:38 PM »
It would appear that I did speak to soon.  The same issue has returned...

Anyone have advice short of returning the unit to Buffalo in The Netherlands?