Author Topic: NAS Navigator 2  (Read 13812 times)

kkrssll

• Calf
NAS Navigator 2
« on: February 15, 2015, 02:18:39 AM »
I have a Linkstation LS421DE. The NAS Navigator 2, version 2.58, has six icons across the top. Menu, View, Browse and Refresh work normally when clicked but Create Shortcut and Synchronize Folders bring up selection windows that are written in Chinese (or Japanese ?).  Is there a replacement version available or download?  If not, when will there be a version that displays all in English?  Or at least a picture that translates the writing so that those commands are useable in the interim.

Thanx
Karl

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: NAS Navigator 2
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »
The latest version is available from the downloads page. http://buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/downloads

kkrssll

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »
That one still speaks Chinese to me.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:10:58 AM »
I'm not sure what buttons you're seeing. There should be either 3 or 5. If no NAS is selected there should be 3, "Menu", "View" and "Refresh". If you select a NAS it should add two more, "Browse" and "I'm Here".

What OS are you running on the computer?

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
I remember this happening with one of the releases of the Nas Navigator, You need to uninstall the Nas Navigator, Make sure the folder in your Programs x86 that the Nas Navigator is gone, Reboot and re-install the latest Nas Navigator.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

kkrssll

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 02:26:50 PM »
Did a reboot and then reinstalled ver. 2.81 and now no more Chinese.  However that sync button had my attention, that would be a great function to have. Along with some storage for movies and music, I'm using my NAS to mirror some of the directories from my Desktop, my Laptop and my tablet, thus providing a way to sync all three devices.
Thanx for the assist(s).
Karl

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:51:32 AM »
The Sync button only works for TeraStations that are setup with replication. The resync will make one sled contact another to sync the data. This feature is not available with the Linkstations.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

shierme

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:31:40 PM »
Update Nas navigator in version 2.19 (for me) instead of 2.16 coque protection htc one m9 housse htc one m9
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:56:35 PM by shierme »