Author Topic: LS410D0201 Constant Disconnect  (Read 11202 times)

TVX

• Calf
Re: LS410D0201 Constant Disconnect
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 01:18:53 PM »
Well, the updated firmware is both good and bad.

The good: both units are much more stable, and although I did have one crash on the DLNA unit when writing a file to it, it has not crashed otherwise (until just now, see below).

The bad: my BitTorrent/Backup unit will not allow me to copy off a file that's more than about 350mb. Anything larger and it just quits during file transfer. The unit doesn't crash completely, the file transfer just hangs. I had to use FTP and cancel/resume to transfer off a bunch of files, it was the only way to move them. I've tried rebooting my machine and the unit itself, no change. It doesn't matter whether I'm trying to copy one file or a group, it does the same thing - somewhere between 350mb and 400mb the transfer just quits.

I was able to copy large files off the DLNA unit.

Right now the DLNA unit is running its backup to the Backup unit, so I'll report whether it was successful. It hadn't been able to complete a backup for some time because of the previous issues. However, once the backup started the DLNA unit's web GUI became inaccessible and it is NOT visible in NAS Navigator so it appears that it crashed during the backup. I have no idea whether the crash is because the DLNA unit crashed or because of a problem with the Backup unit and the large file transfer issue.

I'm about done with this. These units are obviously unstable, many people are having the same kinds of issues, and Buffalo has no idea how to fix them. Either the firmware is garbage or they were shipped with bad NIC hardware. Either way this isn't worth my time. Buffalo won't be getting any more of my money, and my customers will be advised to purchase other solutions.

netjess

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 02:20:06 PM »
I am posting here because I have a very similar issue and I have seen a couple other post like this.
I have a LS441DE, firmware 1.81-0.03 (latest as far as I can find). Only running SMB2. Small office. Pair of Samsung HD16033/140GB drives in a mirror.
sometimes it will go for a couple of weeks, sometimes not even a day but SMB shares become unavailable. Ping and web interface still respond but have to restart device to get file shares available again.
connected to Cisco 2960S switch.

Azasel

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 12:44:26 AM »
Many users have problem with LS400 serie, with disconnections. The last firmware 1.81 is not good, the best is to stay with 1.34.
Users have reported to Buffallo support but they didn't correct the problem, seems they don't care about it.
There is other post on this forum and other forum also about this problem, so Buffallo need to do something.
It was my first Buffalo device, but if they don't correct that it will be the last !

wafer

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 10:00:13 PM »
I've been waiting for Buffalo to fix this firmware bug since August 2015. For now, my LS421 is running firmware v1.34. Drawback is not recognizing USB harddisk which firmware v1.81 had fixed: - 1 step forward & then 2 steps backward...!