Author Topic: Drive Station problem  (Read 1847 times)

erictan

• Calf
Drive Station problem
« on: November 17, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »

I used my 1TB Drive station as a backup drive for my computer... hence it will only be on as necessary.... i did use the secure ware tool to encrpt my drive...

however until today... i discovered that when i connect the drive to my computer... i was not above to detect the drive on "my computer"

when i proceed on to "computer management"... i could see the buffalo as disk 1... however there is no drive path assigned to it... it is "online" and it is a "healthy partition'...  only option that i have when i right click is "delete volume" and "help"... i really hope that i would not have to delete it coz the drive consists of all my backup documents...

however i discovered something very alarming... at the "computer management'... the drive capacity is 931.51gb and  its free space is 931.51gb? iszit bcoz its encrypted hence i was not able to see its actual used space? i hope all is not gone... if not it will deem that buffalo is not a very reliable system... how can something get washed out overnight... only i have the password to it and i am very postive that no one has access to my drive...

will appreciate all help and thanks in advance....

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Drive Station problem
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »

Is it a desktop or a laptop? What is the model number?  What OS are you running?  What format was the drive in?

newbuffalo

• Calf
Re: Drive Station problem
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:35:27 AM »

I have the same problem. I dont want to reformat my drive station. Please help!!!