Author Topic: WZR-1750DHP troubles with Motorola/Arris Surboard SB6141 Modem  (Read 2747 times)

SJCBrian

• Calf
WZR-1750DHP troubles with Motorola/Arris Surboard SB6141 Modem
« on: December 30, 2014, 11:50:53 PM »
I've had my 1750 for more than a month working fine with my old Comcast cable modem which I think was Docsis 1.0.  Comcast is pushing upgrades to Docsis 2.0/3.0, so I purchased my own Motorola/Arris Surboard SB6141.  I installed the new modem today and after calling Comcast, I got it provisioned and running.  However, I could not get the Buffalo 1750 to work with it.  With my PC directly connected to the Modem I got internet access, and I even reset the 1750 to factory defaults and it would not provide access.  I could get to the router through the wireless network, but it showed there was no internet access.  I reset the modem and router multiple times with no luck.  I gave up on the connection wizard and also tried using DHCP but the symptoms seemed to be that I was not getting DNS configured correctly.  Finally, I got out my old Cisco/Linksys wireless router and hooked it up and it worked the first time.  Any suggestions? 

One big question I have is whether the WZR-1750DHP supports IPv6 or not. The SB6141 supports IPv6 and with the Cisco/Linksys router, I can see that it is automatically being assigned an IPv6 DNS server address. 

Thanks in advance for any help,

Brian

SJCBrian

• Calf
Re: WZR-1750DHP troubles with Motorola/Arris Surboard SB6141 Modem - Updated
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »
After enabling all of the VPN pass-through settings including IPv6 pass-through, I tried again.  I powered off both the router and the modem, then turned on the modem and waited until it was running and then powered on the router.  And now everything is working. 

mother

• Calf
Re: WZR-1750DHP troubles with Motorola/Arris Surboard SB6141 Modem
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 02:53:44 PM »
Thank you! Was going nuts, and for whatever fsm-forsaken reason, that worked!