Author Topic: WebAccess  (Read 10682 times)

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: WebAccess
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 02:42:44 PM »
salas81
Its not really a firmware bug.. more of a issue with the firmware not installing correctly OR the unit is being stupid. Who is your ISP and what is the model of your Gateway/router. I can either tell you the username/password Or direct you on how to find it on your Gateway/Router..

georgem1956
Yep that would do it. When doing anything Static make sure you feel out everything or certain things wont work.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

salas81

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 10:07:06 AM »
I realized that on buffaloNAS.com my NAS exists with it's old name, maybe that's why I can't register it with a new name. the problem is I don't remember the credential for web acces for the old account, is there any way I can reset the password?

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 11:18:33 AM »
That won't be the problem. There just a name. The whole purpose of the name is to use buffalo nas as a dns service. For example: Instead of typing out 101.23.46.77:9000 you would type buffalonas.com/test123. It's easier to remember words vs numbers. Every site you Visit is the same there are actually ips but it would be a pain to remember all the so names are used

salas81

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 11:41:59 AM »
ok I know it, but so why can't I register my NAS with a new name? and the most important thing: can I reset the password for my old access?

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 09:20:31 AM »
Not that I am aware of. you would have to wait for them to clear the data base of non active names over X amount of days.. No idea when that is or if they even do that, but who knows you might be getting the name and password right. its just your unit being dumb. Like I said it would be much easier for me to work on it if I was able to remote in to a PC for you. Ill try a few things I know that might work. If you want you can try these, I wont go in to SUPER detail on them, more of a this -> this -> this thing

ATTEMPT 1;
Create a new user, add them to the admin group. reboot linkstation, login as the new user, go to webaccess, advance, use your settings, disable UPNP, set internal port as 9000, set external port to whatever you want. Choose a port between 2000 - 65000, Dont choose a port you are already using. See if it takes the settings. If so try to access it locally and then externally, Let me know if this worked or not and if it worked, did the external access work as well?

ATTEMPT 2:
You will need to download this firmware. Its not the newest, the newest is 1.69 which i believe you have. I want to go down a firmware version to help clear anything in the unit.
http://buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/ls_series-168.zip

You will then need to follow the steps for "NEWER MODELS" on the link below, do not use there downloads. Just scroll down and follow the guide.
http://m1econsulting.com/knowledge-base/force-update-buffalo-linkstation-nas/

When you get your LSUpdater setup and have the debug window open,  Make sure all the boxes on left are checked, and then check all the boxes on the right EXCEPT FOR "REBUILD PARTITION", leave that unchecked, i REPEAT, leave that unchecked, if you check that and do the updated. Your data will be deleted. Also do not put a 0 in "NOFORMATTING" unless you don't care about your data.  If you have your data backed up already then follow ATTEMPTED 3. The unit will take a few minutes after you run the update with the options you set. After it comes up. Login, make sure your share folders are there. This shouldn't delete any data. Now go head and try webaccess again.

If none of that works follow below,

ATTEMPT 3:
Back up all your data and then do the force update but you will set "NOFORMATTING" to 0, and put a check in force update and do not check version. This will make your unit start off as if it was your first time setting it up. Create a share and setup webaccess. If it works. xfer your data back over.

carlosgomez1217

• Calf
Re: WebAccess ls441
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 04:26:23 AM »
Hello, i just bought my linkstation 441e, my hard drives are already set up and everything is working fine including dlna, except for the web access. I messed with some of the settings on my router and i am able to access my files through webaccess, but only while connected to my network, can anyone help me set up my router and NAS so that i can access it from anywhere? Thanks