Author Topic: WebAccess  (Read 10678 times)

salas81

• Calf
WebAccess
« on: January 19, 2015, 02:13:07 PM »
Hi, my LS-XL needed a firmware update as it was stuck in emergency mode. Now I'm trying to configure it again, but something strange happens: when configuring Web Services Support I get this error

I'm sure about the NAS name, but maybe I'm not about the user and password. Is there a way I can reset them for the web access? Or register my NAS again, with another name?

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: WebAccess
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »
No picture. go to http://tinypic.com/ and upload it there and share the link or something
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

salas81

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 09:07:25 AM »
Ah ok. So most likely you have it incorrect. Just choose a new name,

I usually say to choose a passsword that is common for you or use the new name as the password as well. What this info is for is if you ever change your unit. Recover your unit from some disaster you can be sure know one will take your name that you choose an use if for them selfs with out knowing the password.

salas81

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »
thanks for your reply. If I go to the menu and set a new name, looks like it never ends saving the new setting (see attached image).

it's driving me nuts!

http://tinypic.com/r/20synpg/8

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 10:16:55 AM »
Ah ok. Disable UPNP if you have not done so. Reboot the  unit and try again. If you are still having the same issue try factory restore, should be under system, this will erase all the settings, not your data. Your data should be fine IF you hit the factory restore button. There are 2 buttons so make sure you read. Once its done try again. Seems like the firmware is acting up

georgem1956

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 09:07:17 AM »
Don't know if this will help with your issue, however I wasn't able to connect to the buffaloNAS.com server from the terastation to setup Remote Access. I found out from Tier 2 that I had to configure the primary and secondary DNS servers in Network settings under IP Address. Set these fields to your routers default gateway, in my case 192.168.1.1, or enter the DNS server addresses used by your ISP (you can find these by logging in to your router and looking at the router "status". Your ISP's DNS servers will be listed there. Either of these will work.

I was then able to connect to the buffaloNAS.com server to register the name for remote access. I have not been able to find this DNS configuration documented any where in the manual.

Hope this helps,

George

georgem1956

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 09:09:14 AM »
P.S. I say remote access, but really it's Web Access... sorry...

G.

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »
Thats correct you need to have the DNS servers and gateway filled out but if your unit is on DHCP those should get auto populated. you dont have to use the DNS as your routers IP. You can use other kinds like 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 which are google dns. You just have to populate everything for it to work. Though his worked before and then it went in to EM mode and now doesn't. That would mean the unit is able to pull all the network settings correctly and his issue he is having wont be cause by network settings. His unit is not applying the settings.

Kind of sad Tier 1 could not figure this out. Its basic 101 networking... :/ tsk tsk.

salas81

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 07:22:04 AM »
no way guys... can't get this solved. If I configure the web access, when I save the setting it keeps forever with the progress indicator saying "saving data". On the other side, configuring web services access doesn't work either, as the nas is not registered at buffaloNAS.com.

looks like it can't register itself to buffaloNAS.com

should I set something in the router as well? such as port forwarding, NAT, or what?

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:37 AM »
You need to have PF setup if you cant get out. The saving issue is a firmware issue. If you want I can remote in to your pc and try a few things on Saturday. I have fixed it before plenty of times. Its just finding the right way. Sometimes its just unchecking upnp, sometimes its reverting to a old firmware or restoring the unit and then re-installing the newest firmware.. Its alil tricky. Try the port forwarding. But you cant set your external/internal ports if it isnt saving. If you would like for me to try. Message me a time on Saturday and ill provide you my email/number and the program we will use,

salas81

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 11:38:47 AM »
thanks, it would be helpful. anyway I just realized that I don't have access to my router. It's one of those "third party" routers that ISP give you when you subscribe to a service. I don't have admin right on that router, so can't configure port forwarding...

georgem1956

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 01:17:38 PM »
Usually they don't change the default password, which is most of the time "password". put 192.168.1.1 in your browser url bar. id is either blank or admin password is usually password....you might get lucky if your isp is lazy about their modem/routers....

georgem1956

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:09 PM »
Ok, that explains it. I disabled DHCP for the teraStations (I have 2) and used static IP's....that's why the DNS servers didn't auto populate in the network configuration.....

salas81

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »
I've been able to configure the router, but no way with saving data... if it is a firmware bug how can I solve that? the only way is to reset the FW? isn't a new version available?