Author Topic: Direct Copy from digital camera to Linkstation HS-DH500GL  (Read 5912 times)

mclaire

• Calf
Direct Copy from digital camera to Linkstation HS-DH500GL
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:17:52 PM »

I see references to this in every piece of marketing lit on the web - but the manual is no help.

The knowledge base has an article about how to do it with a different Linkstation - one that has a function button on the front and a blue LED.

How do I directly copy .jpgs from flash memory to the NAS without a path thru my computer?  I assume it's much faster to do "direct".

Thanks

mikesplicer

• Calf
Re: Direct Copy from digital camera to Linkstation HS-DH500GL
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »

I too would love to know the answer to this question. (and probably the 100 people who have viewed it).

It is an option to set up the direct copy directory on the web interface but no function button on the unit ???

Confused Please help

mikesplicer

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 05:21:57 AM »
   Is this too simple for poeple to answer? am I going mad?

sishbi

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 06:37:48 AM »

I just found this KB article, I guess it answers the question:

http://www.buffalotech.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10257&category_id=0&sid2= 

sishbi

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 06:42:16 AM »

mikesplicer

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 07:52:17 AM »

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have seen this before unfortunatly the lastest version of the Linkstation live (the jet black one) does not have a function button, well not one that I can find, it does have the blue light but alas no button.

When you log onto the interface via a browser it does have a direct copy section where you can specify where the direct copy will store the stuff it transfers but the manual that came with the device totally ignores this section...

I am of the opinion that the interface has not been updated to match the unit which no longer has that function but when you look at the selling blurb on all sites that sell this unit it is stated as a selling point????

Just wish someone from Buffalo who must read these forums would just put me right if the button has been omited (by design or by omission) then at least I will know.

sishbi

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 08:16:14 AM »

I am thinking of buying the LinkStation Mini, which does have a function button.  All of the reviews said that it did not do anything and the manual doesn't mention anything to do with it.

Also the screen shots I have seen of the admin interface do not include the Direct Copy menu item.

So I am confused.  I would be nice to get confirmation from Buffalo why the product blurb includes this item but it is not documented.

This is all the information I found about it - so I am hoping that it works. 

Are you able to copy data from the USB drive to the internal drive using standard copy behaviour - without going through the host computer?  It would be nice if the device is intelligent enough to know that the source & destination are on the same device and not involve the host computer.