Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Latest firmware 1.81 released on Japanese site  (Read 4228 times)

jak

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH Latest firmware 1.81 released on Japanese site
« on: January 06, 2015, 05:28:04 PM »
Hi I am currently running the aboe on version 1.79 but noted there is a new version released in Japan version 1.81 which I have downloaded.  Tempted to use it but wondering if anyone else has experience of it?  1.79 running well with  7 clients and reasonable speeds but software still not perfect by any means.

Is DDWRT as full of problems as forums suggest?

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH Latest firmware 1.81 released on Japanese site
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 08:44:08 PM »
In honest opinion there so no perfect dd-wrt. if anyone says so then that means they no nothing. There is always going to be something broken or isnt working correctly. I wont download the Japan firmware if i was you as its not the same. Completely different last time i check on the blue style firmware for routers. If there is ever a perfect software, alot of people will start to lose jobs. :D
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

jak

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 03:46:10 AM »
Thanks Joma,  I did a google translation of the download which wasn't too good but I got the impression 1.81 may address SSL vulnerability issues which would be helpful but as explained I am reluctant in case it is quite different from European version - which is what you imply.

Yes I have suspected DDWRT is an endless road and can do without the hassle.  To be fair the stock firmware has not been too bad.  I have upto 7 clients functioning reasonably well.  I did have problems with dropping connections but I beleive this was actually an upstream cable modem problem - the 300 is running in router mode. Since changing the modem the router ran well for 4 months so I have little ground for complaint.

My main frustration is its restrictive nature with respect to assigning IP / mac addresses where there is an IP conflict with two clients which is proving difficult to resolve.  I had hoped DWRT or Open would give one more control over such issues but if they do it appears to be at a significant cost with respect to reliability.

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »
You can always setup the dhcp range of address to like 100-200 and the computers that are always going to be connected can be put in the dhcp reservation and set the ip outside the dhcp range like 2-99 or 201-254 and that way you wont get ip conflicts to offen from removing and readding computers.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people