Author Topic: TeraStation - Language change after EM  (Read 3615 times)

kid_wonder

• Calf
TeraStation - Language change after EM
« on: May 24, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »

First, thanks to the people who manage these forums -- after a brief freak out session I have my Terastation and data back.

Just one final issue remains for me -- the web interface came back in Japanese (I am guessing -- since I just have English and Japanese folders in my Terastation folders). However, the language drop down only has two options and when I select the "other" one it does not go to English.

Ok. So this is really weird now. When I pick the "other" one -- that meant I picked the one that was not already selected. So I then went back and selected the "Original" one. Now it shows up in English, but the selection in the language drop down shows "Japanese" selected.

Very weird, but at least its all back :)

OK, so not so fast. Now it seems to be always switch back to Japanese after I make any changes.

So I guess I do need some help here.

thanks

kw

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: TeraStation - Language change after EM
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 09:57:58 PM »

Try following these steps to change the device back to English:

1. Connect to the web configuration utility by entering the TeraStation's IP address in a web browser.
2. In the column of blue items on the left hand side, select the second link.
3. Under the first header are two text fields; enter or modify the text in the second.
4. Under the third header, the first entry is a radio selection with two options; select the one on the right.
5. Under the fourth header (with two menu/pulldown boxes beneath it),set both menu boxes to the second entry in the list (the second menubox should say cp437).
6. Click the button, and close and reopen the browser.

If this does not fix the problem, try to reflash the firmware.If possible, it would be wise to backup any important data in case thefirmware update fails due to a power outage or other anomaly. If youhave the latest version already, you will need to force the firmwareupdate. To do this, after unzipping the files, create a shortcut to the.exe file. Then, go to the properties of the shortcut and add a spaceand /force to the very end of the target.

EX: "C:\Buffalo\Firmware\TeraStation\112-103\HD-HTGL FWUpdate.exe" /force

Then run the shortcut to flash the firmware. After flashing thefirmware, you'll need to restore the device to factory defaults usingthe web interface, by following the following steps.

1. Connect to the web configuration utility as before.
2. In the column of blue items on the left hand side, select the second from bottom link (icon shows wrench and screwdriver).
3. Under that link, five subcatagory links should show up. Select the fifth link.
4. Under the second header there is a single buttom; click it.
5. Click the yes button to start the configuration restore.
6. This will reset all settings, including ip address and hostname, so you'll need to set the device up as if it was new.
7. Go through the above steps again to change the language.