Author Topic: LS-WTGL/R1 LinkStation Pro Duo could not be detect  (Read 3243 times)

mike74

• Calf
LS-WTGL/R1 LinkStation Pro Duo could not be detect
« on: May 26, 2009, 02:20:47 AM »

Hi All,

I have taken out the hard disk from the pro duo and used window disk management to delete the particition and put it in the pro duo again. I was shock that buffalo used 2 x samsung 500 gb hard disks instead of 2 x 1 TB hard disk. The package shows 1 TB.

The problem is how come after i put back the hard disk. NAS Navigator could not detect the station. Please advise

tanjl

• El Toro
Re: LS-WTGL/R1 LinkStation Pro Duo could not be detect
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:47:11 AM »

Hi mike,

Are there any LEDs/Lights on the front blinking?

Try taking out the harddisk again and see if it boots up.

mike74

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 12:59:21 AM »
   thanks, it has 6 blinks red LED light. I search and it explained that hard disk could not be recorgized. Please help me how to make my NAS recorgize it.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 04:16:52 AM »
It is possible that the boot image is lost. You could try the TFTP boot option that is at the top of the forums or of course you could click here.

mike74

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 01:18:26 PM »

I tried but it failed. First i configure my ip address to 192.168.11.1 and than download the boot image. Open the boot image and load up. I press the function behind the link station for 6 seconds and switch it on but it still failed.

Please advise.

tanjl

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 11:24:47 PM »

Hi Mike,

Holding onto the function button and then switch it on, see if the PWR LED is blinking or stable?

Then click on the TFTPboot file and see if anything appears at the end of the line.

mike74

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 03:15:46 PM »

Dear All,

After trying all methods but my drive still failed to detect the 2 x hard drives. I used Window disk management to delete the partitions and put back to the drive, can any kind bro/sis advise me that it is wrong to use Window disk to delete the partition?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »
Deleting the partition shouldn't be a problem (then you can try the TFTP boot method again). Formatting to NTFS though is a large problem.  I don't think it's wrong but now that you've done that in Disk Management I would say try the TFTP option again.