Author Topic: Direct Copy only for media?  (Read 3263 times)

chitowncraig

• Calf
Direct Copy only for media?
« on: May 24, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »

Just got the LinkStation Mini 1TB (LS-WS1.0TGL/R1).  Upgraded the firmware to 1.06 and everything working fine.  Attempted to do a Direct Copy of another external HD via USB and it only move the media files from the drive (~30GB of the 60GB needing to be moved).  Is it even possible to copy full hard drives via Direct Copy (non-media files)?  I have multiple work HDs I'm trying to backup onto my network drive and don't want to have to watch all that info crawl across a network to copy to my LinkStation.

Thanks,

C

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Direct Copy only for media?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:18:11 PM »
Direct copy is working as intended, it will only pull media files. The feature was meant to make it easy to hook up any USB Mass Storage compatible device like a camera or a usb flash disk, and quickly pull the media files off. I'll forward a feature request to our corporate office for you.

szimbler

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 04:58:46 AM »
   i have the same issue with my 4TB quad. Would love to be able to dump my portable HD's on the quad with one button press

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:15:35 AM »

Hi,

That is a known request and I believe it is being worked on, but unfortunately, still not available, only media!