Author Topic: LinkStation Pro Duo not working  (Read 3406 times)

fleroi

• Calf
LinkStation Pro Duo not working
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »

When I tested the LinkStation it was working in my friend's home. Now that I brought it back home the installation failed and nothing is working:

- the off button is not putting the station off. So I have to unplug it manually.

- I have tried to initialise back to the fabric settings by pushing the FUNC button and then everything goes as said in the post, the blue light, then going green ...

- But I can't access it from any of the 3 PCs I have tried from (with XP or Vista). Neither via the routeur, nor with a direct connection. I have tried changing the setups, without the Firewall (software and routeur), without the antivirus, ... On Internet Explorer,

Nothing is working: file search, your software detection....

The softwares are installing properly until the detection of the LinkStation and then the main software is stating "error or cancelling...) and then Linkstation not found.

Thanks for your help, otherwise I will return the product.

Fr 

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo not working
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:18:22 AM »

Try to direct connect the unit to your pc, set your PC on a static IP of 192.168.11.10

Try running the software again,  aslo you may want to flash the firmware from buffalotech.com