Author Topic: Help Setup Web access with LinkStation Mini and Airstation  (Read 3919 times)

xindao

• Calf
Help Setup Web access with LinkStation Mini and Airstation
« on: October 25, 2008, 11:19:37 AM »

Hi,

I have both LinkStation and Airstation.  I am trying to set up the "web access" on LinkStation Mini, so I can access it remotely.  However, I have been having problem.   Not sure it is the Airstation setup or the Link Station.  I followed the steps on LinkStation, it seems ok.  I can use the "web access" internally, within the same windows WorkGroup.  However, when I asked a friend across  town to test it for me.  It doesn't work. 

Got error message:

Secure Connection Failed
XX.XX.XX.XXX:47147 uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
The certificate is not valid for any server names.
(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)
* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

This is what I did, please correct me if I miss or anything wrong.

1.) I use the default setting using: BuffaloNas.com  (enabled the Web Access Service_

2.) Setup the name and key

3.)  use Auto Configure UPnP

4.) then apply and it assigned any External port 47147 

5.) I got to AirStation to change the setting.

6.) Go to NAT translation and 

Application1 AirStation's WAN IP Address TCPPort:47147 <--> 192.168.11.5 TCPPort:47147

AirStation's WAN IP Address UDPPort:47147 <--> 192.168.11.5 UDPPort:47147

Did I do it right?

Thanks

Message Edited by xindao on 10-26-2008 08:15 PM

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Help Setup Web access with LinkStation Mini and Airstation
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:21:30 AM »

I would disable UPnP, and use the port 9000

Then you have to log into the router and open port TCP 9000 to the IP of the Buffalo Nas.