Author Topic: Linkstation mini 6 red flashes  (Read 3383 times)

spurs3

• Calf
Linkstation mini 6 red flashes
« on: May 11, 2009, 09:41:40 PM »
   Hi, I have a linkstation mini LS-WSGL74F with firmware 1.04 that was working fine prior to a sudden power cut. After the cut, it fails to appear in the NAS nav and displays 6 red led flashes. I have attempted to start it up in EM mode but again the 6 red led flashes appear. How should I go about the problem? Thanks in advance.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation mini 6 red flashes
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:14:34 AM »
   Its a HDD failure, as the unit is not designed to be open you will need to get in touch with your regional support to organise a replacement.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Ger

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 06:23:54 AM »

Spurs3

Can you outline the process you followed for Booting into EM mode,

The 6 red LED flashes can usually refer to a failed internal HDD or HDD controller.

If the HDD or Controller has failed due to this being an internal hardware component failure you would need to have that item repalced via its warranty.

spurs3

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:13:17 PM »

Thanks for your replies. I followed the steps in the EM procedure thread, as the steps for LS-WSGL are not listed, I followed the steps for LS-WTGL:

(From other thread) 

LinkStation (LS-CHL, LS-XHL and LS-WTGL):

NOTE: The FUNCTION button for the LS-CHL and LS-XHL series is located on the front of the NAS whereas the LS-WTGL has the FUNC button on the back.

1.       Make sure that your NAS is powered off

2.       Hold down the FUNC/FUNCTION button for at least 6 seconds before powering the NAS on

3.       While continuing to hold down the FUNC/FUNCTION button power the NAS on

At this point it varies for these units so please read carefully:

• LS-CHL and LS-XHL: The FUNCTION button will start blinking at which point you release the button and hold it down for an additional 10 seconds or until the FUNCTION button goes solid. At this point you may release the FUNCTION button

• LS-WTGL: The POWER light on the front of the unit will begin blinking blue rapidly at which point you may release the FUNC button. The POWER light should turn green in approximately 60 seconds

(From other thread)

At the point after it blinks blue rapidly, it goes back to flashing red 6 times. Any more comments will be great. Thanks ahead.