Author Topic: Problem transferring files  (Read 2551 times)

DirtyRich

• Calf
Problem transferring files
« on: February 03, 2009, 09:24:51 PM »

I have a Linkstation Live with Bittorrent (LS-CH500L fw 1.06) hooked up to a D-Link DIR655 and a HP dv2910us laptop running Vista Home Premium.

I'm trying to move my music folder over (5 gb) to the NAS but after 30 seconds to a minute I get an error message -

"There is an problem accessing (file in the laptop directory).

Make sure you are connected to the network and try again."

I've also seen a semaphore time out error occasionally.

My laptop and the NAS have assigned IP addresses on the network. Other than the problem transferring the large batch of files, there are no other problems accessing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Problem transferring files
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:40:27 PM »

DirtyRich,

When you access the NAS are you accessing it via NetBIOS name or IP address?  There is a possibility that the name resolution in Vista could be an issue and accessing directly via IP would help your performance a little as well.  Hope that works out.

Message Edited by Dustrega on 02-03-2009 09:41 PM

DirtyRich

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:45:08 PM »
   I have the drive mapped under My Computer... not sure how to specify NetBIOS or IP address when I access it.

DirtyRich

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 09:52:29 PM »

I should also add that sometimes my laptop and my wife's laptop are actually disconnected from the router when the error occurs. I understand that this suggests more of a problem with the router, but the only time it ever happens is when I transfer a large amount of files to the Linkstation... we've never had this problem with anything else.

grishick

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 12:43:24 AM »
   having the same problem with DriveStation FlexNet 1TB. Whenever I am trying to transfer a large file, or multiple files, or trying to make a backup in XP over the net - I get this error. My drive also has an assigned IP and the laptop from which I am transfering has assigned IP.