Author Topic: Corrupted file/share LS_CHL 500  (Read 1817 times)

cecilrhode

Corrupted file/share LS_CHL 500
« on: May 12, 2009, 07:02:06 PM »

My unit has a folder called 'info' created by default containing utilities. That has a 'English' and 'Japanese' folder. The English folder has 3 folders within, one of them 'manual' contains the instruction manual.

The manual seems to be corrupted and cannot be opened. I can copy the file to the harddrive but still cannot open it. I have a copy of the manual from the CD, but cannot copy anything to the 'info' folder, or create files in it, with a message that access is denied, and the admin or www UI doesn't allow the share or subs, or files in them to be deleted. It doesn't seem possible to do anything with the info folder.

I'd like to replace the corrupted file with another - is it possible to write to this folder to do so? Is it possible to delete the info share, or its subs?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Corrupted file/share LS_CHL 500
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 09:16:46 AM »
   The info folder on the linkstation is there by default and allows you read only access. you cannot disable it and you also cannot copy data to it or create anything in it.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!