Author Topic: Bittorrent Client won't download LinkStation Quad  (Read 8968 times)

kasperschou

• Calf
Bittorrent Client won't download LinkStation Quad
« on: May 11, 2009, 04:26:31 PM »

Hi,

I have been trying all night to get the BitTorrent Client running on my new LinkStation Quad device, but no torrents begin download though marked with the blue arrow icon for "downloading". All numbers are zeroed (0) for seeders, leechers etc. so nothing seems to go through.

I've tried several settings in my router for forwarding ports and are usually quite good at networking. FTP is running smoothly as an example, and torrent on my PC is working without problems on the same torrent files (both anonymous and private trackers).

What could I be missing in the setup process for the BitTorrent Client. I've enabled the feature and set a directory for storage, then started the download manager and added torrents, but nothing happens. Is there no diagnostic feature in the device that could tell me the problem - a simple "no internet access" or something would be very helpful..

Hope u can help, since this was one of the main features I wanted out of this device :)

Model number: LS-Q4.0TL/R5

Firmware: 1.05

Network description:

The LinkStation device is set for static IP on the local network with gateway through a ZyXEL P-660R-D1 router. Ports are forwarded, also tried DMZ (or default server on this router) with no luck.

Message Edited by kasperschou on 05-11-2009 04:32 PM

trackfour

• Calf
Re: Bittorrent Client won't download LinkStation Quad
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 06:08:21 PM »

SAME HERE! I am going nuts....

LS-CHL

500 GB

Firmware 1.07 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »

kasperschou,

I have a feeling that your ISP may be blocking the port you're using. Try a different port for the bittorrent client.

kasperschou, trackfour,

please post the first two numbers of the WAN or Internet side IP address in as reported by your router's interface; this is for reference in the thread... please PM me the full IP address. I want to make sure there's no double-NATing going on. Also, how do you have the ports forwarded? What brand of router do you have? What internet provider do you use?

Message Edited by Colin137 on 05-11-2009 07:17 PM

kasperschou

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 04:49:57 AM »

Colin137, Thank you for your swift reply.

My ISP is Cybercity, Denmark using a ZyXEL P-660R-D1 router.

The port is forwarded using NAT pointing to the static IP assigned on the local network. I've tried both the default 6881 port and several others in range including the port currently active for my uTorrent client on my pc.

The first to numbers of my public IP is 217.157

andrew_hte

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:04:46 PM »

I have the same issue. Using a Linkstation Quad 4Tb and the Bittorrent client wont work. UpnP wont work and manual entry wont work. Utorrent with Upnp works fine on my desktop.

Router is a Billion 7404VGO-M and had no issues. Virtual server for port forwarding works fine on my router. So what's happening?

Would like this working please......

Also direct copy doesn't work and permissions with folders when setting up for web access is funky. Denys access from the LAN even though all users and groups have full permission on a folder!

Looks like the firmware is flaky to say the least.. Over a thousand dollar investment (AUD) for not too much joy.

This is to replace a Duo that crapped out and lost all our wedding video and cost $2000 to send to data recovery. Buffalo- not my favourite company ever right now.

Some working solutions would be good and I am obviously not alone.

Tks

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 02:41:47 PM »

Could you folks try the following torrent file? The Ubuntu CD is very well seeded, so if it doesn't work, we definitely have a problem.

http://releases.ubuntu.com/9.04/ubuntu-9.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

I've been working on nailing down problems with the Bittorrent functionality for a little while now, and am making some progress. I'll continue my search for a solution.

jeffla

• Tatanka
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 10:09:01 PM »

Posted from my ls-xhl just for reference: downloading the Ubuntu CD.

• 699 MB
  • print('detail_remain');Remaining:673.5 MB
  • print('detail_download');Downloaded:25.4 MB
  • print('detail_upload');Uploaded:0 bytes
  • print('detail_seed');Seeds:10 (2354)
  • print('detail_peer');Peers:44 (2526)
  • print('detail_ratio');Ratio:0
  • print('detail_availability');Availability:10.035
  • print('detail_speed_download');Download Speed:143 KB/s
  • print('detail_speed_upload');Upload Speed:0
print('detail_file');Files:

Message Edited by jeffla on 05-19-2009 10:15 PM

olosol

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 08:25:40 AM »

I got same problem. i found that some torrent is able to download but some (almost) is unable. it very strange. Is it posible to fix this problem as soon as posible in next firmware?

i have Link station Quad  LS-QL/1D

firmware : 1.11

Thaitawat

• Tatanka
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 02:14:13 AM »

Please try to use other port.
Eg. 58xxx

Sebby

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »

i've heard that private trackers don't work within the buffalo nas stations. 

can't wait to find a workaround. 

kokwei

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 02:05:37 AM »

Hi there,

I'm on Linkstation LS-CHL1.0TB, firmware v1.34. Facing similar issues of zero seeds + peers. The same torrent files are working fine on my PC on the same network, DHCP (reserved IP addresses via MAC addr).

Is there a solution to this yet?

Ares77

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 01:37:43 AM »

I have the same problem than you. I have the sw version 1.56 and the port 58500 as specified in other threats. I have the port forwarded on my D-Link router and I have a reserved IP address via MAC address for my LS-CH1TB machine.

Some torrent are working some other don't, even if on the PC are working.

sgunawan_online

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 05:23:45 AM »

I have similar problems, but later on found out that download wont start because the tracker is not carried into the torrent.

Solution:

Open torrent using uTorrent

Copy the Tracker

Open NAS uTorrent

Double click trouble torrent

Paste in the Tracker copied from uTorrent

A pitty something that suppose to ease our problems make it harder to use.

jimmyhelu

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 12:31:32 PM »

I think we can cross that one off the list... I have root access on mine via SSH and have installed hdparm. It gives me 120MB/s read speed with "hdparm -t". For those that don't know, this is measuring the internal speed between the NAS' CPU and the HDD. 120MB/s is pretty **bleep** good all things considered. This is on a single drive setup.

Now I just need to get rsync configured and I'm good2go.