Author Topic: MP3 via Media Server stops after 30 seconds  (Read 12874 times)

sparx

• Calf
Re: MP3 via Media Server stops after 30 seconds
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 12:48:21 PM »

i have buyed a linkstation LS-CHL 3 days ago which showed the error of only playing about 50 seconds of mp3 on sony bravia.

so I installed Twonky 4.4.17 (you have to pay for a serial if you havent one) - installation via telnet was'nt as difficult as expected

the error is resolved in 4.4.17 !! 

Rengel

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 05:42:57 AM »

Hello,

I've paid for the Disk with a Licence, so why should I pay for another Licence!

There is a Twonky installed and what is the problem to implement Version 4.4.17 in a new Firmware?

sparx

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 07:49:15 AM »

You are right - implementing 4.4.17 in a new firmware should be absolutely trivial.

I had the license key already  from a former Installation on a NSLU - so for me no further costs arise.

I do not really understand why Buffalo does not implement Version 4.4.17 - maybe because it is an unsupported version ??

sparx

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 07:53:40 AM »

Question:

if you look into the twonky configuration on port 9050 (ip-address:9050) and click on server status - can you see a registration key ??

if so - you can use this key for registering the new version (4.4.17)

Rengel

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 10:00:17 AM »

No you can't, there is just a hint that it is registered.

kasper

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 03:01:53 AM »

I alsko have a Sony Bravia TV that does not play music or video more than the few seconds with a LS-WSGL/R1.

What is not documented is that apart from the LinkStation's own web-configuration page there is TwonkyVision configuration page in port 9050 (http://LikStation IP-address:9050 an totally open with no security...). TwonkyVision 4.4.8 has no knowledge of Sony Bravia TV's so the problem is that a newer TwonkyVision is needed into the Firmware.

Sony Bravia TV shows up as a "Generic Media Receiver" in the TwonkyVision configuration under the MediaReceivers list. The configuration tool gives a following explanation to the MediaReceiver type:

Lists of media receivers that have contacted the server. For each media receiver, the access to the server can be restricted. Automatic receiver detection does not always work. In this case the server simply assigns "Generic DLNA client" and no client adaptation will take place. Media receivers that are not identified correctly can however be adapted manually by means of the drop down menu above. To delete an entry, please set it to -/-.

I have tried to change the device type from the list to different devices, but with no luck so far. There is definetely an effect since the same mp3 that I try to play will play sometimes longer and sometimes less depending on the device type.

So Buffalo needs to embed a newer version of the TwonkyVision to make the network-disk DLNA compatible with the newer TV sets.

kasper

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 03:22:13 AM »

If you install separately a newer version of Twonky Media to the Buffalo NAS-drive, do you have to reregister (and pay...) for the TwonkyMedia???

http://www.twonkyforum.com/unsupported/4.4.18/

Rengel

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 01:11:37 PM »

Hello,

I now made it work with Version 4.4.18 from Twonky.

My first test was not effective but when I uninstalled it again with the Twonky installer and deleted all Twonky folders via Telnet now it's working and all MP3 are playing correctly on my Sony Bravia.

Of course I had to pay for a new Twonky License but they have a good offer this month and the license is only 10€.

But of course this was my first and LAST Buffalo product ever!!

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 12:49:43 AM »

Just as a side note we do not support or condone telnet. 

electrofunk

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 02:43:28 PM »

Hello.

Getting this old thread back from the graveyard... But, the problem does still exist...

Any plan from Buffalo corp to fix the incompatibility issue between their Linkstation Mini and the Sony Bravia W4500 (40W4500, 46W4500, ...)?

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as described all along this thread (music stops after about 30 seconds)...

My stuff: Linkstation Mini LS-WSXL64F (firmware 1.34) + Sony Bravia 40W4500 + Freebox ADSL as network router between the two.

Thanks.

electrofunk

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 03:51:35 PM »

Hello Buffalo techs.

Would you mind answering my question above?

There's a lot of W4500 on the market; I'm sure people having this TV would love to read here that the problem is solved because again, as of today (1st Nov 2010), it's still not possible to play MP3 thru UPNP/DLNA because the sound stops after ~30sec.

Thanks.

Keywords: Sony 37W4500 and Buffalo Linkstation, Sony 40W4500 and Buffalo Linkstation, Sony 46W4500 and Buffalo Linkstation, Sony 52W4500 and Buffalo Linkstation.

hingumy

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 09:25:39 AM »

I also am experiencing the above issue. MP3s stop playing after around 30s.

I am using a Linkstation Pro Duo LS-WTGL/R1-V3 Firmware 3.09

DLNA client is Sony Bravia KDL-40W5810

In the interests of not alienating your (possibly shrinking) loyal user base can we please get some cogent instructions on how to fix this issue from Buffalo?

I note that a previous poster has fixed the issue by hacking his box. Why hasn't Buffalo produced a firmware update to permit those of us, who are not seasoned Linux buffs, to resolve this? Is it because this is now a commercial/licensing problem?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

There is a new firmware for this unit. 3.10.

hingumy

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 03:37:01 PM »

Linkstation Pro has been upgraded to 3.10 as suggested. This hasn't cleared the issue.

The Twonky server version is reported as 4.4.8.

Where now Buffalo?