Author Topic: MiniStation USB 3.0 very very slow writes  (Read 1811 times)

EXP10

• Calf
MiniStation USB 3.0 very very slow writes
« on: June 21, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »

I'm using a Asus P6X58D Premium Mother board. It uses the NEC usb. I have updated my 3.0 drivers with the newest ones or I think there the newest ones. Driver details Date 1/22/2010 Version 1.0.19.0  Firmware 3016. I have checked the device manager and is has listed the 3.0 hub and controller.

Here's the problem I'm getting. My transfer  ( read ) to the device is great 100MB/s or faster but when I  transfer data ( write ) from the device to my computer it's horrible. I'm getting 15-20MB/s. write speeds. I thought it was the drive at first but I plugged it in to the 2.0 usb and data transfers from device went up to 35 mb/s writes. Has any one here have any problems like this or could steer me in the right direction. These transfer were done to my SSD. I'm now thinking it a driver issue but not 100% sure. I have tried also with the included software for boost and it actulay made it slower.

tanjl

• El Toro
Re: MiniStation USB 3.0 very very slow writes
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 12:06:03 AM »

Hey man, its hard to determined unless you are able to connect the ministation to another usb 3.0 mainboard or laptop to test...thats wat i would do..