Author Topic: LS CHL500 Torrent Won't Seed New File  (Read 7649 times)

cecilrhode

Re: LS CHL500 Torrent Won't Seed New File
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 05:43:44 AM »

any news?

3 days since I asked

6 or 7 weeks since the problem was identifed

3 months since I bought a product that doesn't do what the manufacturers claim it does

not long before I ask for a full refund...

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 07:46:14 AM »
cecilrhode - When we have to request that certain updates in firmware be coded in it is going to take time to prevent other bugs and issues arising.  I ask with the utmost respect that you continue to have patience and please do not threaten returning the product as it does not speed up the process.  Thank you.

cecilrhode

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 07:38:40 PM »

When we have to request that certain updates in firmware be coded in it is going to take time to prevent other bugs and issues arising.

Dustrega
I do indeed understand that it takes time to prevent bugs etc in new updates. It is a big pity your company didn't do this in the first place and actually marketed a product that performed as claimed.... ie, with a properly functioning Torrent facility.

I ask with the utmost respect that you continue to have patience

How much patience? I bought the product more than 3 months ago. It didn't work when I bought it, and it doesn't work now. MyTorrent work is still done by uTorrent - which cost nothing. However, I paid extra for an external harddrive specifically because itwas claimed to have a Torrent function. I had the choice of several other external harddrives of which the Buffalo was the most expensive. The only differences between the units was that some of the others were USB drives and had better transfer rates than the buffalo........ oh, and the VERY salient point that NONE of the others claimed to have a Torrent function. So, bearing in mind my present situation of using freeware uTorrent and a buffalo drive, I paid extra for the drive and got a lower transfer rate and still have to use uTorrent and tie up my PC - which was exactly what I was trying to avoid in buying a drive that was supposed to have a Torrent function that operated independently of a PC.

So, how much patience do you think I, and others who have bought a product that will never function properly in it's present state, should actually have? I'll tell you what. Let's give your company the opportunity to make amends and at the same time demonstrate it's patience. Why don't you refund my money, and work on fixing this problem according to how big a priority you think it should be, in order to make amends for either 1) not testing the product properly (I make an assumption that it was tested, but not adequately), or 2) bringing the product to market even though it was known to perform inadequately? Then, when you've fixed the problem, I will return your money.............. but I will hang on to it for the same time after you fix the product that you had my money before you fixed it. ie, if it takes you 6 months to fix the problem, I will return your money 6 months after I've verified the problem has been solved and the product works as expected. That seems fair to me, because whilst you've been paid for the units people and retailers bought, and you have full use of that revenue, we don't have full use of the product. So why don't we do that and see how patient you are in waiting to be able to use your money? It will also give you the chance to demonstrate that you are actually sorry and do appreciate the problem caused by selling us a product that doesn't work. Or, lets think of something else............. like, how about you act like a supermarket? You know, like those that promise if you don't like the product, they refund the money! Or if you find the same product cheaper, they refund twice the difference. Seeing as how I could've bought other drives for about half the price of yours, just refund me the price and I'll put up with using uTorrent and burning loads more electricity. I'm sure others will think these suggestions are fair. Certainly they're much fairer than selling a product that doesn't do as it is claimed, especially when extra is charged for that non-functioning extra. (All those with similar defective units should feel free to voice their opinion about these suggestions).

please do not threaten returning the product as it does not speed up the process.

Eerrrrm, who is threatening anything? I'm deadly serious. Unless you do something to facilitate correct functioning of this product very quickly, I WILL be pressing for a full refund. I am also serious about my suggestions above. Please raise them with the relevant peopleand get back to me. You could also advise what will speed the matter up? A 'suck site'. Reporting the matter to the Trading Standards Dept, or Office of Fair Trading, here in the UK, who have the power to order products to be withdrawn? Issuing a writ against the retailer who sold this product as you have admitted on this site that it doesn't work? (I can well imagine he will be very keen to sell your products in the future......), or writing to a few relevant publications?

Please tell me what will speed things up, and please also recognise that YOUR COMPANY is in the wrong here, and far from refusing to answer my question about when a fix will be available and doing so in a (perhaps inadvertent) patronising tone, you and the whole of buffalo company should be offering sincere apologies for the inconvience I and others have suffered, and craving our continued indulgence, because whilst we have products that don't function properly, you have had the revenue in full, had the full benefit of it, and used it to pay the employees, directors and shareholders.

Now, WHEN will this unit start working properly? And which of my suggestions above does Buffalo want to employ as a means to apologise? If you cannot answer these questions, please feel free to give me the contact details of the person who can. I can contact the CEO almost as easily as typing in this thread and honestly don't mind doing so to get answers.

Message Edited by cecilrhode on 07-11-2009 01:42 AM

bigflause

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 05:17:08 AM »

I am deeply conserned about this post. I just purchased a LS-CHL 1TB drive and all I wanted it for was BT downloads. I upgraded it to the latest firmware. I currently use private trackers and utorrent. I have a 20mb cable connection and utorrent always gets a 1.2mb- 2mb download speed and 100 - 150k upload.

The performance of this drive it terrible when using torrents and that was the only reason I bought it. I have also tried normal trackers.

I have never got a download speed more than 250k and an upload of more than 20k. I am an it engineer and have all ports forwarded correctly.

What is the max speed these drives are rated to? has anyone got a donwload speed above this?

Blaque

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 02:22:20 AM »

My down speed at best is about 1200 KB/s. My connection is 10/2. Upload is the problem here too. Really concerning refund also. Very dissapointed. srry bad english...

lucky

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »

I have the LS CHL 1 TB version. From my point of view the torrent client is working fine, also when I am uploader on some trackers, so the torrent is initiated by me.

And speaking about speed, everything it's ok, same results like utorrent