Author Topic: LinkStation Stalls when I start 2nd file copy  (Read 12094 times)

JasonCollins

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Stalls when I start 2nd file copy
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 12:29:04 PM »

Of course it's hard to really tell if this is what I'm seeing, but I believe that because of this, copying less data can take longer.  As an example, copying a lot of MP3's (less data) takes much longer than copying the same amount of data but fewer files (like my pictures).  Is anyone reading this who has developer access and looking into the problem (Hello?) that might help troubleshoot?

Summary: It seems that the reading files is way better now (actually usable) that I turned off RAID completely.  Turning RAID on is a disaster, Turning RAID off is a write disaster and reading isn't great, but it's usable.

Another solution I guess would be to take the drives out and use them in another NAS from another company.  I'm considering that, but it means spending another hundred bucks or so.

-Jason

elektroorganik

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 04:48:27 AM »

I have a LS Live and i can't even copy an mp3 to it without it dropping out! You think you guys have problems. I guess I only wasted £100 reather than what you paid for the 4Tb storage device though...

tsammyc

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 07:32:48 AM »

Hi all, I seem to have no problems streaming hi-def files from my Linkstation Quad to my PC. I'm not using DLNA. Just playing the files off the Quad with Windows Media Player. The Quad doesn't hang up like you guys describe and the blue lights never go off and I've played 1hr long files. Perhaps one of you can replicate my setup to try:

Linkstation Quad Firmware V1.11

Two 1TB WD Caviar Green running in Raid 1. Two empty slots

Shuttle PC with 3.0Ghz P4, 1GB RAM and ATI Radeon 2400 video card, 100Mbit/s Ethernet card

Buffalo HIgh Power Wireless-N Router (It is Gigabit, but my client is only 100Mbit/s)

Jumbo frames NOT set.

Windows Media Player with Cyberlink H.264 Codec

MPEG files downloaded from a HDV camcoarder 1080i resolution H.264 encoded

Windows XP

Using the System Monitor, I see a steady 25Mbits/s from the Quad to my PC.

tsammyc

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/support/downloads/

You might try switching to the European site.

firewyre

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 07:04:02 PM »

I'd love to know why the contents of http://www.buffalo-technology.com/support/downloads/ are different from http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/...  Why would anyone maintain two separate codebases for what is essentially the same site?!?

slimd

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 05:57:08 AM »

Me too... checking periodically to see if there is a solution.  Mine is relegated to the same tasks you mention.  I can’t put  often accessed files on it. 

marki2239

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 12:50:49 PM »

I have the same problem with my Cloudstor and Linkstation Pro.    If you try to do more than one large file copy at the same time the unit locks up and you have to start the process all over again.  I have tried to contact Buffalo support but they have been no help.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »

marki2239 wrote:

I have the same problem with my Cloudstor and Linkstation Pro.    If you try to do more than one large file copy at the same time the unit locks up and you have to start the process all over again.  I have tried to contact Buffalo support but they have been no help.

so almost as useless as your post! What exactly have you done to try and resolve the issue?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

marki2239

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »

I have tried to contact the vendor who sold the product for support.  They cannot seem to find any solution for this problem.  As a consumer I should not be solving problems for the vendor.

You need to grow up.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »

And what can the vendor do to resolve any technical issue?! They probably don't know how a device works let alone give any advise with a problem...... again what have you done to resolve the issue, or are you just another poster who comes here to moan and not actually look for a resolution. There are people here (including myself!) that are willing and able to help, but if you post issues without substance then well, your on your own.

"I have a Cloudstor and a Linkstation Pro".... thats great, there are 3 different kinds of Linkstation Pros and 3 different kinds of Cloudstations, and also multiple different firmware revisions for each device?!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!