Author Topic: How do I access files on USB? WZR-600DHP2  (Read 3465 times)

stuffdone

• Calf
How do I access files on USB? WZR-600DHP2
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:25:22 AM »
I have a USB drive configured on WZR-600DHP2 however it appears no one at Buffalo support knows how to go about connecting to this drive from computers on the network.  The original ticket has been sitting there since July.  I spent an hour yesterday on two calls and again today. 

They told me it was escalated and that they would call me but could not say when.  I protested and they hung up on me.

The manual is poorly written and you have to look through a number of locations to find out how to set up the router itself. That is done. Drives are visible in the config, a share has been created etc. but no where in their documentation does it say anything about how to actually access that drive from Windows...and support seems useless on this issue.

I have one Windows 7 hard wire, and two Vista on WiFi to access USB drive.

Did I make a mistake getting a Buffalo router if I wanted to set up a simple NAS?  Why should this be so difficult that even Buffalo people appear lost?

(  Why is this the ONLY forum I ever used where I have to do added searches just to find CAPTCHA answers?  This is about as dumb as their technical support appears to be. )

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: How do I access files on USB? WZR-600DHP2
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »
Performance, Station, Buffalo, There are all the answers. So let me ask you a question since im not sure. Is this the stock firmware for the router or DD-WRT. I can help you with DD-wrt but Stock. I would need to look at the manual and see what they want and then look a my buffalo router and see if anything is different.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people