Author Topic: LinkStation LS421DE not getting detected in my network  (Read 8567 times)

anksleo

• Calf
LinkStation LS421DE not getting detected in my network
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:40:55 AM »
I bought LS421DE a week and struggling to get it detected in network. I have TP-Link Router with 4 ports at back, I have installed 1 4TB Seagate HDD model no. ST4000DM000 (after checking it's compatibility at Buffalo website). I followed the booting process and when I try installing BUFFALO NAS Navigator 2 software it says Linkstation not detected in network. I pinged the IP (192.168.1.101) on which it connected and it gives response. When I put same IP in Browser it opens up Admin page where I can configure settings however it is still not detecting in network. I called up Buffalo support but all in vein.
I taken same to my office network and deleted disk volume and rebooted again, strangely it got detected in NAS Navigator 2 and when I brought same to my house again it was not detecting even if the IP setting is DHCP enabled. I gone back to office and made static ip, which is pinging in my home network but not getting detected in Navigator. When I make direct connection through ethernet it shows same problem, pinging but not detecting even for firmware upgrade. Also in direct connection the LAN icon shows yellow symbol.

Cany anyone help as I spend $300 but couldnt use it at all.

miller6386

• Calf
Re: LinkStation LS421DE not getting detected in my network
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:43:33 AM »
Sounds like a router issue to me.... Is there a setting in the router to enable the use a mass storage use or maybe a PNP type setting that is blocking the software?? Could even perhaps be something firewall wise.....

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: LinkStation LS421DE not getting detected in my network
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:27:12 AM »
This is not a router issue. That wouldn't make any sense at all. This is a firewall issue on your computer. You need to find the options in your application that manages your firewall and add the Buffalo Nas Navigator to the trusted programs. Yellow on LAN means Gigabyte connection in use. Usually. For the LinkStation it is. For you computer eh 90% most likely, Some companies do some weird things for leds on NICs, Routers, and switches.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people